• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Been to Dagenham today!!!

Badger74

Manager
My 10 year old daughter wanted to supporter her local club today so I drove down to Dagenham picked her up and went to the game.
To start off with Dagenham have got a brand new away end which is all seater and I must admit the nosie that Morecombe made was fantastic from the 522 away fans.
When i went to pick up tickets the ticket office was under a gazebo!!!
The crowd was 4500 but I would say at least 6000 was in the ground.
Fair dues to the Morcombe fans that travelled down leaving at 5am but the 9 arrests that i saw were really funny the best was 3 Morecombe fans walking down the stairs of the away end past the stewards and jumping into about 500 dagger fans!!!
Anyway the reason I am posting this is because it has made me realise how we would struggle in this league with the players we currently have.
Morecombe were poor but I think we would of struggled against them, big strong players with no nonsense football.
Dagenham chased every ball and never gave up,even when they got a penalty to make it 3-0, 2 players nearly had a fight with who was going to take the penalty and when it was scored the whole team celebrated apart from the number 7 who walked away as he did not take the penalty and John Still went mad at him for not joining in and he shouted "your part of this team now celebrate"
The home fans were funny and kept singing "were just a pub team in essex".
Even though I did not fancy going I must admit I really enjoyed being at a small ground again and now looking forward to league 2 abit more
My next problem is my daughter wants to go to Wembley now, I never thought it would be with Dagenham, I wished it was Southend!!!
Do I lie to her and say Morecombe won 7-0 on thursday and wembley is off??

My 10 year old daughter wanted to supporter her local club today so I drove down to Dagenham picked her up and went to the game.
To start off with Dagenham have got a brand new away end which is all seater and I must admit the nosie that Morecombe made was fantastic from the 522 away fans.
Fair dues to the Morcombe fans that travelled down leaving at 5am but the 9 arrests that i saw were really funny the best was 3 Morecombe fans walking down the stairs of the away end past the stewards and jumping into about 500 dagger fans!!!
Anyway the reason I am posting this is because it has made me realise how we would struggle in this league with the players we currently have.
Morecombe were poor but I think we would of struggled against them, big strong players with no nonsense football.
Dagenham chased every ball and never gave up,even when they got a penalty to make it 3-0, 2 players nearly had a fight with who was going to take the penalty and when it was scored the whole team celebrated apart from the number 7 who walked away as he did not take the penalty and John Still went mad at him for not joining in and he shouted "your part of this team now celebrate"
The home fans were funny and kept singing "were just a pub team in essex".
Even though I did not fancy going I must admit I really enjoyed being at a small ground again and now looking forward to league 2 abit more
My next problem is my daughter wants to go to Wembley now, I never thought it would be with Dagenham, I wished it was Southend!!!
Do I lie to her and say Morecombe won 7-0 on thursday and wembley is off??

Go to Wembley!

I hope Rotherham go through in the final!

A mickey mouse club like Dagenham don't deserve to be any higher than League 2 ;)

I thought both sides where useless, and if descent FOOTBALLERS where put in front of them, both sides would not have a clue!
What I am saying is when Grant gets hold of the ball in League 2 same with Moussa, we will have no problem. As long as we sign some no nonsense players. Also the scrapyness of the game was down to the occasion IMO! Exactly what we looked like when we played Northampton in the Playoffs a few years ago, in the playoffs, we looked like a group of headless hard men, whereas throughout the season we played some good stuff.

Lets hope we smash the league next season! It'll be tough!

Go to Wembley and support the little Daggers!

Went too; most one-sided play-off I've been to since Doncaster !

I would say the crowd was about 4,500 - co-incidentally that was the crowd announced. The 800 seater main stand was full, the new 1,200 seater away stand was a little over half full, with about 3000 on the two terraced sides.

Worst team in Essex, we are the worst team in Essex.

Can you imagine if Daggers, Colchester, and Orient were all in League one, and us in league 2.

Our attendances are about the same as all three of those together :stunned:

I went today too. I'd have to say that the Dagger's would rip us to threads. I've seen them play about 10 times this season and they would play us off the park. They deserve to be where they are. They play as a team and all do their bit by throwing themselves in front of shots or making last ditch challenges to stop a goal scoring chance. The number 7 (Danny Green) is being tracked by West Ham as well as being looked over by Nottingham Forest, Leicester and QPR.

I do think they may struggle if they get promoted but they create enough chances each match and usually convert them to stay in the division.

Good luck to them.

I'm certain that Dagenham will sell in excess of 20,000 tickets for the play-off final. Thousands of east enders will turn up for a day out, along with many more from Basildon, Southend etc. 2 weeks ago fellow blues fans told me they would go to wembley for a day out if Dagenham got there, and i'm sure many more will. Tickets will be a reasonable price, with a one day travelcard only costing £12.60 to Wembley Park.

I do think they may struggle if they get promoted but they create enough chances each match and usually convert them to stay in the division.

Good luck to them.

With the crowds they get, they always will. Still, Blackpool, Scunthorpe and Rochdale have all shown what can be achieved with the right team spirit?.

Go to Wembley!

A mickey mouse club like Dagenham don't deserve to be any higher than League 2 ;)

I thought both sides where useless, and if descent FOOTBALLERS where put in front of them, both sides would not have a clue!
What I am saying is when Grant gets hold of the ball in League 2 same with Moussa, we will have no problem. As long as we sign some no nonsense players. Also the scrapyness of the game was down to the occasion IMO! Exactly what we looked like when we played Northampton in the Playoffs a few years ago, in the playoffs, we looked like a group of headless hard men, whereas throughout the season we played some good stuff.

Thats a stupid thing to say Dagenham are there because they deserve it. They have lived within their means and have showed what can be achieved with a well organized club.
Good luck to them in the Final I wont go but will be watching them on TV. Selfishly part of me doesn't want them to go up as it will be a good day out there but part of me feels if we do play them they would thrash us and we would be the ones embarrassed

I was at Dagenham today as well,game very one sided but you go to give John Still and his backroom team a massive pat on the back for what they have achieved on a shoestring,they lost a few key players end of last season as well.I be pleased for them if they went up but would like to play them next year.I agree the club still has a certain non league feel to it,but that gives it more character.With a few additions to our squad i think we can do well in league 2 next season.

Thats a stupid thing to say Dagenham are there because they deserve it. They have lived within their means and have showed what can be achieved with a well organized club.
Good luck to them in the Final I wont go but will be watching them on TV. Selfishly part of me doesn't want them to go up as it will be a good day out there but part of me feels if we do play them they would thrash us and we would be the ones embarrassed

I think that was a bit of tongue in cheek.

I was at Dagenham today as well,game very one sided but you go to give John Still and his backroom team a massive pat on the back for what they have achieved on a shoestring,they lost a few key players end of last season as well.I be pleased for them if they went up but would like to play them next year.I agree the club still has a certain non league feel to it,but that gives it more character.With a few additions to our squad i think we can do well in league 2 next season.

When you listen to John Still on the radio, he reminds me of Judas Fry in the 90's. A down to earth moyivator who gets the best out of his players, which must be hard to do when you play in front of 1800 fans for most home games.

I agree with you regarding Still,having motivational skills like Fry.he seems to get the maximum out of his players and has a great eye for buying non league talent,a market we will have to tap into this summer.

People get the ar$eholes with MK Dons but D&R are just as bad if not worse. They are an amalgamation of Dagenham, Leytonstone and Ilford (which was an amalgamtion of funnily enough Leytonstone and Ilford) and Walthamstow Avenue. I'm not too sure whether there is at least another club or two in there aswell.

People get the ar$eholes with MK Dons but D&R are just as bad if not worse. They are an amalgamation of Dagenham, Leytonstone and Ilford (which was an amalgamtion of funnily enough Leytonstone and Ilford) and Walthamstow Avenue. I'm not too sure whether there is at least another club or two in there aswell.

This is complete nonsense. There are no similarities between MK Dons and Dagenham and Redbridge and to suggest they are worse is ludicrous.

History shows that Ilford sold their ground and merged with Leytonstone to get a ground to play at. The combined club swallowed up the ailing Walthamstow Avenue and again moved to the latter's ground. This further combined club then was renamed Redbridge Forest.

They did pretty well and got promoted but their ground was substandard and they elected to groundshare with Dagenham to take their Conference place.

Eighteen years ago, predictably, the two clubs playing in the same stadium completed their merger.

If you can draw any parallels to the MK Dons situation from that I'd be surprised.

Go to Wembley!

Tiny daggers might be in league 1 next season,what does that make us?even tinier.

Tiny daggers might be in league 1 next season,what does that make us?even tinier.

Certainly sir, personally if I was a Daggers fan I would be a bit worried about scoring 6 in the first leg, they are bound to mess it up at Wembley.
It doesn't make us tinnier but it does make us in a lower league!

Good luck to them, they are living the dream, it probably won't last long.

Rotherham will be the ones to go up though!

Back