• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which Bottled Beer for the RH Bars

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Having been in the South stand upper for the last match I looked around the ground with some dismay. The facilities are somewhat run down and the fading, peeling paint everywhere is an embarrassment. I know it is difficult to invest when money is so tight and I am obviously glad that resources are still put into the team. Surely some sponsorship deal could be done with a local DIY giant or something to procure materials and many of the fans with trade skills could pitch in and do much of the work. It would be good on so many levels.

Hmmm....seems strange that toilets was already on Ron's Agenda following our Liaison Meeting! The West ladies had long been a topic of conversation at Liaison, and I am pleased to see that Ron is listening to requests to improve the facilities for those attending. I know I emphasised the need for toilets that children use to be better attended to, as a mum you have a dread of taking your child into a toilet like ours are!

It's also worth asking if there's hand sanitiser in the Gents in the West, as there is in the Ladies? This is obviously a much quicker - and possibly more hygienic option to washing hands with water.

Must admit to being surprised Waggle Dance is not available already as it is in the bars in the East. Rarely use the bar in the West - are bottles over there the plastic ones or are they always glass and decanted into plastic glasses?

Perhaps the more people letting the club know things need improving , especially as toilet improvements have been on the Trust Liaison Meeting agenda since God was a boy, the more chance of things happening.

Agreed, I only drink it on draught and only when not going to work for the next week!

Courage Best is a decent all round beer - Old Peculiar is a bad idea for a football beer IMO.

Sound like there is a lot of old pipe smokers on here, with the beer choices... where is The Meantime Pilsner or Birra Moretti

I've been giving this some thought and whilst I do appreciate there will be some hygiene issues , given that the queues for both beers and bogs are long , why not combine the two in some way.
Ok , I haven't given it lots of thought , but sometimes these things evolve from embryonic ideas

A bar at the urinals perhaps. Doesn't quite address the hand washing thing but it would keep the queue moving.

disgust.......it's so dirty in there I take my ownsanitizer..(if I remember).and wait for someone to open the door...... I'm not OCD, but it's the most non hand washing place I know.....west stand dirty boys.

The high prices are because of the quality of the toilets in the west stand (whenever I go in there I am the only person who washes their hands, disgusting...that's for another day) ...

We haven't seen Ironshrimper for a while, but he shares your distaste for the West Stand toilets. You ought to join forces.

We haven't seen Ironshrimper for a while, but he shares your distaste for the West Stand toilets. You ought to join forces.

I take you don't use the gents in the west? If you do what are your standards? if you think they are ok, ..even in the mid nineties I went to Barnsley away, the moss wall they use for a carsey are better than ours....... we need one of the stainless steel toilets, like they have near beaches...you can hose them out..

I take you don't use the gents in the west? If you do what are your standards? if you think they are ok, ..even in the mid nineties I went to Barnsley away, the moss wall they use for a carsey are better than ours....... we need one of the stainless steel toilets, like they have near beaches...you can hose them out..

West Stand Gents? Peed in better, peed in worse. In fact have waded through worse, where the punters were certainly not shot-shy [insert cox joke here]. Have survived through to dotage with no obvious ill-effects.

Anyone remember peeing up the wall in the open-topped North Bank khazi ?

The only way to wash your hands was if the guy next to you had a lousy aim. :smile:

Anyone remember peeing up the wall in the open-topped North Bank khazi ?

The only way to wash your hands was if the guy next to you had a lousy aim. :smile:

I had totally forgotten that wonderful experience, thanks for reminding me.

No mate i'm just s pipe smoking dirty weststander who just hates lager drinking busy bodies like your good self who try to tell folk how to pee in the unsuite in the west.:finger2:
oh so you are one of the non hand washing club, "my mum taught me not to pee on me hands type" and you say larger is gay.....don't some women like larger too....as said I'm sure you are impartial.

oh so you are one of the non hand washing club, "my mum taught me not to pee on me hands type" and you say larger is gay.....don't some women like larger too....as said I'm sure you are impartial.

Russell%2520Navy%2520044.jpg

This one is.

Perhaps the more people letting the club know things need improving , especially as toilet improvements have been on the Trust Liaison Meeting agenda since God was a boy, the more chance of things happening.

True. I do wonder, in hindsight, how much of what we used to say to SK actually got through to the right person.

Back