• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jai

President ⭐
I admit I could be wrong on this. But I believe there are no CAMRA beer festivals being held in Southend itself these days.

I went to the Rochford Beer Festival which was great, and I also tend to head out to the Chappel and Wakes Colne event as well as the Chelmsford and Colchester ones. In fact I can't really think of a decent-sized town in East Anglia which doesn't have one. They are always extremely popular as well and I am sure make decent money for the respective CAMRA branches.

I notice Exeter City FC hold the East Devon one. Could Southend United step up to the plate and host, say a summer event (so not to clash with Rochford)? Clearly it would need an outside body to organise but could fill a gap in the market.

Jai

As you are probally aware i organise the Rochford fest as well as attend every Southend Utd game home and away this year.
The C.A.M.R.A. branch you refer too covers both Rochford and Southend. So really its a South East Essex Festival.
Yes we could move from Rochford to Southend but that's another matter.
The Beer Festival held 18 months ago was very good at Southend Utd but a few things rangle. It all packed up at 8 on the saturday. As staff had finished, so all the beer had too be poured away. Plus the beer that could be ordered are tied. So you would have alimited range.
As Ken Mc Nasty knows and our C.E.O. are aware i would happly arrange one for Southend Utd. I would not want any money. Free Beer Yes.. But if you organise someting like this you would have to have a total free hand with organising what
beers you want (not told by club beacause who supplys them) I know i could get many volunters from supporters who would help. If the club agreed to this would be more than happy to donate all profits to our beloved club. No interference i cant see that happening.

Cheers Steve

Yeah I suppose Rochford is close enough and has the whole thing covered. I would of course be wary of anything organised by Southend United and I agree it would only work if there was no interference.
Obviously it's no good having a tied beer festival as that defeats the object really.

I admit I could be wrong on this. But I believe there are no CAMRA beer festivals being held in Southend itself these days.

I went to the Rochford Beer Festival which was great, and I also tend to head out to the Chappel and Wakes Colne event as well as the Chelmsford and Colchester ones. In fact I can't really think of a decent-sized town in East Anglia which doesn't have one. They are always extremely popular as well and I am sure make decent money for the respective CAMRA branches.

I notice Exeter City FC hold the East Devon one. Could Southend United step up to the plate and host, say a summer event (so not to clash with Rochford)? Clearly it would need an outside body to organise but could fill a gap in the market.

Yeah the Exeter Winter Beer Festival at Exeter FC is a good little festival one of many organised by East Devon CAMRA - helps you get through the winter :smile:

Back