• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Now we are 3 weeks into the summer brake and watching clubs sign this player and that player .And apart from the lad we brought in before the season ended and of course Barnard . but apart from the Otoole talks nothing seemes to be happening .Now its either Phil Brown is in world cup mode for 5 live or he is topping up his tan . Or Ron again has tightened the purse strings .Or worst of all we are yet again under one of these hush hush Embongoes .

Summer means no match income so money tighter than normal, so I am not surprised that we haven't committed to paying more wages whilst we have no income coming in.

Clubs who are signing players are generally ones that have let a lot go. We have the spine of the squad still together, we only need to make three or four additions so I'd be surprised if we see a lot of activity early.

Any new recruits will be signed up in time for pre-season training. I would not be surprised if there are a couple of pre-contract deals on the go but no one is likely to be unveiled much before July. The business of wages in close season will have a bearing on this I think. If we hold off a little while we would be able to pay a bit more on wages. That's the serious, considered bit out of the way........we could also be skint!!!

Most clubs have had an extra two weeks due to our play-off participation. We have not released many therefore need to recruit less, also must be the right replacements to improve the squad. No major overhaul needed.

Let our staff have their holidays , all the on-loan players have been made offers, were appropriate.

Just chill and have faith.

Ok that all sounds fair to me .I know we need a striker and maybe two central defenders at best only time will tell .

Now we are 3 weeks into the summer brake and watching clubs sign this player and that player .And apart from the lad we brought in before the season ended and of course Barnard . but apart from the Otoole talks nothing seemes to be happening .Now its either Phil Brown is in world cup mode for 5 live or he is topping up his tan . Or Ron again has tightened the purse strings .Or worst of all we are yet again under one of these hush hush Embongoes .

FFS, learn to spell!!

The hierarchy at Southend are on holiday. So no signings but I'd much rather scout and properly analyse a player then rush in and spend stupid money on O'twonk.

I know 30/40 players well and say 10/15 agents. I don't know anyone that is in the UK at the moment with the exception of a goalkeeper I look after who is moving on Monday. Chill out there is no one around to speak too.

We won't sign anyone until at least July otherwise we would have to pay them for June as well!

Chill and enjoy the World Cup

Back