• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
We have of late been put in a corner about some of the members behaviour towards other members on here. Times are not that great for the club atm and we welcome all points of view.

However once you take it personal against another member of this site, we have to act... It is not a choice, it is a fact.

So let's please behave people, we have removed a few semi bans for certain members to show we are not ogre's but to hopefully let the forums flow as you all want.

If you need to read the rules of how this site runs..... http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/faq.php?faq=generalbehaviour#faq_behaviour

John/Ken.

Did you un-ban people so you can get donations...:whistling:

Did you un-ban people so you can get donations...:whistling:
Asked for donations then deleted a load of accounts...
thinking-face_1f914.png

Keep up the good work Ken+ John. Had similar problems with some members on a non-league club forum a few years back,
they seemed to thrive on being confrontational and/or abusive.

Asked for donations then deleted a load of accounts...
thinking-face_1f914.png

Jon you know that is not true.. I did delete old accounts by alphabetical names, I scanned most, I missed yours....I spent all day yesterday trying to rectify my mistake and your account.

Ask the other Mods if you doubt my efforts...It wasn't to be to get your old account back. I apologise for that.

Jon you know that is not true.. I did delete old accounts by alphabetical names, I scanned most, I missed yours....I spent all day yesterday trying to rectify my mistake and your account.

Ask the other Mods if you doubt my efforts...It wasn't to be to get your old account back. I apologise for that.

How can I know what is true or not? I was told (not by an owner) a load of accounts had been deleted accidentally. Turns out that doesn't appear to be the case now I'm back online, so it does seem rather convenient that I had my account 'accidentally deleted' and no one else.

Thanks for the apology - better late than never. I'm glad the owners have finally got wind that for whatever reason this place has been going downhill over the past 6/12 months - loads of 'regulars' (including me) have barely posted in months. I'll stick to being an exile lurking around the match report threads.

How can I know what is true or not? I was told (not by an owner) a load of accounts had been deleted accidentally. Turns out that doesn't appear to be the case now I'm back online, so it does seem rather convenient that I had my account 'accidentally deleted' and no one else.

Thanks for the apology - better late than never. I'm glad the owners have finally got wind that for whatever reason this place has been going downhill over the past 6/12 months - loads of 'regulars' (including me) have barely posted in months. I'll stick to being an exile lurking around the match report threads.

1200 accounts were deleted ....why I have to explain that I have no idea......I tried my hardest to rectify your account....grief, believe me I spent most of yesterday trying to. I don't know what more to say Jon, it was as error however you want to play it.....Once more and this is the last time...I am sorry for my mistake...you are back on here so smile FGS.,always your choice of course.

It was an accident and John tried everything he could to try and restore your previous account. He even went to the trouble of making this new account for you and giving you the 30k post count.

1200 accounts were deleted ....why I have to explain that I have no idea......I tried my hardest to rectify your account....grief, believe me I spent most of yesterday trying to. I don't know what more to say Jon, it was as error however you want to play it.....Once more and this is the last time...I am sorry for my mistake...you are back on here so smile FGS.,always your choice of course.
You don't think you have to explain to someone who's been on the zone for over 12 years why their account has been mysteriously perma-deleted? 30,000 posts of pure gold and hilarious images...

p.s. don't be so patronising.

You don't think you have to explain to someone who's been on the zone for over 12 years why their account has been mysteriously perma-deleted? 30,000 posts of pure gold and hilarious images...

I thought James explained to you.....what exactly do you want me to do now Jon?

That's debatable :winking:

A fact., your old posts are in the database...I was of a thought to set you up as a new user and reasign them to a new user....

I spoke to vB, they said it was a challenge I would not like as it could affect the millions of posts we have on here...I also looked at other avenues of retrieving your posts through the database......

I looked at going back in time from back-ups which was not feasible ....I did all all I could......that is the end of it.

A fact., your old posts are in the database...I was of a thought to set you up as a new user and reasign them to a new user....

I spoke to vB, they said it was a challenge I would not like as it could affect the millions of posts we have on here...I also looked at other avenues of retrieving your posts through the database......

I looked at going back in time from back-ups which was not feasible ....I did all all I could......that is the end of it.

If you did all you could then great, I appreciate accidents can happen.

The bare minimum I was expecting was an apology, which I finally got. I wasn't expecting to be patronised and told that I didn't deserve an explanation. James was the only one in contact which I appreciated because I didn't have a clue what was going on and thought I'd been hacked or something/couldn't view the zone at all and my email wasn't working. My messages to SZ/admin were ignored.

Anyway, no need to play this out any further. Apology accepted and good luck with the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back