• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mfurok

Manager⭐
So we're playing Partick tomorrow.

Why aren't the gates open?

Thank you to the lazy **** who couldn't be bothered to sort out a few issues in order to let the proles in.

Don't worry about treating us like ****, we'll still keep coming.

It's not at roots hall, it's being played somewhere near Colchester..

It's more to do with fitness, both clubs wanted to play different 11s in both halves to give all their players a run out, think they might even be doing it as three sections of 30 minutes.

If gates are open then it has to abide by FIFA rules which limit it to six subs and two halves of 45.

That, combined with Partick being based in Colchester, probably meant it was better and easier for all involved so early on in the pre-season schedule.

It's more to do with fitness, both clubs wanted to play different 11s in both halves to give all their players a run out, think they might even be doing it as three sections of 30 minutes.

If gates are open then it has to abide by FIFA rules which limit it to six subs and two halves of 45.

That, combined with Partick being based in Colchester, probably meant it was better and easier for all involved so early on in the pre-season schedule.

Don't forget the bribes and brown envelopes as well ................

Really missing the Great Wakering game which is traditionally the first of the pre-season and two different teams for each 45

Really missing the Great Wakering game which is traditionally the first of the pre-season and two different teams for each 45

Yeah me too. Pre season seems very drab this season and I will be away for the brighton match which is dissapointing.

Thank you to the lazy **** who couldn't be bothered to sort out a few issues in order to let the proles in.

If its arranged with short notice they dont have time to arrange policing and staffing etc.

Its not just a case of opening the doors.

Only the one home friendly is dissapointing but not as dissapointing as the lack of local friendly games.

I would have thought that billericay town would have proved a very popular and well supported game.

Only the one home friendly is dissapointing but not as dissapointing as the lack of local friendly games.

I would have thought that billericay town would have proved a very popular and well supported game.

Wasn't there something last year about us demanding a fee from local non league sides for turning up to play friendlies and misunderstandings about what level of opposition we would provide i.e. youth team turning up and not first team? Or am I just imagining it ? It is a shame we no longer seem to support the local football community.

Wasn't there something last year about us demanding a fee from local non league sides for turning up to play friendlies and misunderstandings about what level of opposition we would provide i.e. youth team turning up and not first team? Or am I just imagining it ? It is a shame we no longer seem to support the local football community.

Absolutely. Games like Wakering have a huge effect on their finances for the season. We should not be charging any one for them to play is amd help the players get fit.

Absolutely. Games like Wakering have a huge effect on their finances for the season. We should not be charging any one for them to play is amd help the players get fit.

This was raised by the Trust members at Liaison Meeting with Steve Kavanagh at the time and this is what the Minutes record:

• SC asked if it was true that the Club was charging Canvey Island FC a £500 appearance fee. SK responded that different pre-season games work out differently, some work on gate receipts, for example, Braintree. Others, our basic expenses were covered but no “appearance fees” were charged.

If its arranged with short notice they dont have time to arrange policing and staffing etc.

Its not just a case of opening the doors.

They knew all about this before they went to Spain.

The police are unlikely to be strongly interested!

Just imagine if it was open doors, there could have been an invasion of the men in skirts with hairy legs(Frightening), from north of the border. They're full of wind as well, have you ever tried blowing one of those pesky bagpipes?

A bit harsh, I feel.

Has the new grass on the pitch come through yet ? A quick heavy down poor and it would be ruined for the season again.

Back