• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Being told off by your parents - sayings/phrases/punishments

Southend_Lady

Ginger Sam
After just having to tell BLUEBLOOD on another thread - "if you cant say anything sensible then dont say anything at all" , it reminded me of all the annoying sayings my mum and dad used to use when I was younger.

"Im sick and tired of this"

"You just wait until your father gets home"

something that used to really get me and my brother scared was - "right thats it Im calling the naughty childrens home" - we used to scream as she went to the phone and went to dial.

What things did you parents used to always say and what punishments were threatened which scared the bejesus out of you??

"You muggy little sod. You do that again and I'll open you up you slag"

Still, happy days.

Last edited:
Mum used to say "u fekin lil bas**rd ill ... **** **** ... ****** .." lol. Only joking.
She always used to say ill wash your mouth out with soap.
Which she did once.
Wouldnt reccomend it

What did the inflatable headmaster of the inflatable school say to the naughty inflatable boy?

You've let me down, you've let the school down but most of all you've let yourself down.

Harry's mum used to say to him....Be Quiet Boy dont you know this is World War 1 :p

Any threat to take away / stop me from playing football used to work a treat for my mum and dad - used to have me in pieces.

Mum also used to threaten me, no matter what time of year it was, that Father christmas had his spies out and i wouldnt get anything for chrimbo. When i find out who that spy was ill kill him/her.

"You just wait until your father gets home"
My ex used this one on my son once, following it up with "and you know what he's like don't you"

Showing very early signs of a sense of humour (he was 4 at the time) he replied "Yes I think so, he's the one with the dark hair and Glasses isn't he ?"

I then got it in the ear for months afterwards about working late so often that the kids didn't see me enough.....

"Eat your crusts it will make your hair curl"
"if you don't eat your dinner you can't have any pudding"
"have you washed behind your ears"

and

"stop playing with yourself you will go blind", which once I needed glasses at the age of " scared the crap out of me

Oh and the otherclassic relating to food I particularly didn't like

"There are starving children in Africa who would love to eat that".......Well post the ****ing muck to them then!!!

My parents used to claim that peas tasted of all sorts of marvellous things - like chocolate for example - to try and make us eat them.
Never worked, though.

'You're not leaving the table until you've finished your dinner' was another good one.

The bog standard 'food' conversation in my house was:-

Me - I'm hungry can I have something to eat?
Dad (or mum but usually Dad) - Yes you can have a slice of bread.
Me - I dont want a slice of bread
M or D - Then you're not very hungry then!

Oh touche mum or dad, that one always baffled and befuddled me. I wanted a Mars Bar or a packet of crisps not a flippin slice of dry bread (with nothing on it). Low and behold I'll definately be using it on my kids when that time comes!

Back