• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues Ladies

Banned
To be honest, on saturday, we didn't actually play at all bad, we owned that game, had most of possession, and most attacks, ok there were a few moments when my heart stopped beating, but we never should have lost that. **** attendence from tranmere, but they came from quite far out so they had a reason, but made a bit of noise. good attendence from us, but as i always say, why do we hardly ever sing??? we need to get behind the boys, we have to work together if we want to get back to where we belong, the championship

I think that when we have a low away attendence from a team, then we should be able to sit in the other half of the north bank, and in the corner to raise the attendence therefore rasing the noise level

I know not everyone is going to agree because we all have our own opinions, but that is what I though of it.

we can pull one over crewe at the weekend, you never know, fingers cross, if we get a good enough win we could go top. but we must win coz there aint no way i will accept leeds scum going above us

but i honestly think we will finish in the top 5, hopefully top, but you never know, as long as leeds dont win the league i'll be happy

your views?

I agreed on reflection that we didn't play that badly but we certainly lacked movement and width in the midfield and defended the set pieces woefully.

Tranmere are top of the league but if we had marked from the set pieces we would be.

Not a time to panic we can put it right against Crewe and pick up 3 points and get right back on track.

As for the singing South Upper tried our best, West Stand "Where are you"

We're the South Stand of Roots Hall.

Last edited:
. good attendence from us, but as i always say, why do we hardly ever sing??? we need to get behind the boys,

Yep, Roots Hall is very quiet, hardly any atmosphere apart from the 'big' games. Has been discussed on here quite a bit and it seems that as long as the people that like to sing are all sitting in different parts of the ground, then it will never change.

Lets hope at the new ground all the people that want to sing will sit together (probably behind one goal). We might sound something like this:) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJS_a1uWV4Q

Yep, Roots Hall is very quiet, hardly any atmosphere apart from the 'big' games. Has been discussed on here quite a bit and it seems that as long as the people that like to sing are all sitting in different parts of the ground, then it will never change.

Lets hope at the new ground all the people that want to sing will sit together (probably behind one goal). We might sound something like this:) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJS_a1uWV4Q

I for one hope they build our new stadium a bit better than that - If my seat goes up and down every time the bloke next to me moves I will get seasick !

Anyway I thought the clip was going to be of our fans at Barnsley or Birming ham last season .

To be honest, on saturday, we didn't actually play at all bad, we owned that game, had most of possession, and most attacks, ok there were a few moments when my heart stopped beating, but we never should have lost that.

No we didnt play that bad and it was a tight game. If Richards header had gone in we would probably have gone on to win.

we need to get behind the boys, we have to work together if we want to get back to where we belong, the championship

Agree with the sentiment but at the moment we dont 'belong' in the championship but should certainly aspire to get there.

Its this raised expectation we should be there now that seems to lead to more frustrations in the stands.

I think that when we have a low away attendence from a team, then we should be able to sit in the other half of the north bank, and in the corner to raise the attendence therefore rasing the noise level

Definitely should be able to, thing is we didnt sell out the West Stand so evern if it was open to Southend fans it wouldnt have been neccessary.

As to lack of atmosphere, need a "Blue Action" area behind the goal or opposite the away fans at Fossetts Farm as they have at Arsenal. A Designated area for fans who want to create an atmosphere and try to get the rest of the stadium going.

Behind the goal at the other end of the ground to the away fans would seem logical.. So off that then!

Back