• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Belgium vs England

Southgate out!! no
he has still another 2 years to mess things up more.
He has 2 years more,earnt 2 years more...but HE has to do better

Southgate out!! no
he has still another 2 years to mess things up more.
He has 2 years more,earnt 2 years more...but HE has to do better
So you don't think the nucleus of this side can improve then?

no..not if GS keeps playing this pass,pass,pass..what shall i do football.
4 years ago,people wrote that Hodgson(,here on the zone)that he was,the way he played was the way foreward..i wrote,as did many,it was not.
like 4 years ago,its so predicable,far too slow..and when,if,we get near the last third..nothing..no speed,nothing.Just look at our stats in front of goal.
And its not new,we were like that getting there.
And like many decades..they say ,we will get better!!we will learn from this,etc...we hope so...

Last edited:
Yes.Find a new left-back-Fulham have an excellent one in Ryan Sessegnon - and get rid of Walker/Jones at the back.Find a midfield "general" too.
Am i not right??
but cant he play for England,France and also another country??
Will he end up like Zaha(Palace)??That Chelsea winger! forgot his name,both who came through England youth,Zaha played for the senior team,but then both stuck two fingers up to England?

Sess has played outstandingly for the England under 20's team.IMO,Southgate should have taken him to Russia with the WC squad.

As far as England are concerned,they're very much a work in progress.While a lot of pride has been restored since the Iceland game and that awful WC exit at the group stage 4 years ago,let's see what happens over the next two years.Certainly, they've got some way to go to reach the present level of teams like France and Belgium.You can also bet that teams like Spain and Germany will also be very much improved for the next European Championships in 2020.Not to mention Italy and Holland.

Last edited:
A much improved performance last night even though England lost 2-0, I agree with OBL Lofthouse - Cheek does add a lot to the side , and i thought Fabian Delph was so much better on the left flank in the second half than Rose or Young have been. Defence at fault for both goals last night . But much improved performance from the midfielders .

On saying all that above i agree the build up is too slow,will England improve , not unless Southgate does after all the players are playing the way he wants them too,As for young players improving ,not unless their premiershite clubs willing to play them or they move overseas to get first team football,FA never learn afterall if they did they would have made it law that no club is allowed to field more than 5 or 6 foriegners at any one time by now.

On saying all that above i agree the build up is too slow,will England improve , not unless Southgate does after all the players are playing the way he wants them too,As for young players improving ,not unless their premiershite clubs willing to play them or they move overseas to get first team football,FA never learn afterall if they did they would have made it law that no club is allowed to field more than 5 or 6 foriegners at any one time by now.

We've already tried introducing a rule like that and it's had unintended consequences, making them more extreme will only make it worse. Clubs like Chelsea buy mid table talent like Danny Drinkwater at overinflated prices to fulfill the quota and then never play them. Without the rules Drinkwater would still have been playing first team football.

If your idea was implemented then the big clubs would buy loads of players that could be playing in the first team for sides like Burnley and Everton as backups and then you'll have a situation where the real talent is sitting on the bench for big clubs whilst second rate players are the ones actually getting minutes.

it was written here,that German teams are looking at those young England players.
They know that the chances of them getting into those PREM clubs is not much,so they are taking some on loan here.
I hope they take many more,as the chance of them getting into Prem clubs is very low and here in Germany,they will learn how to play football,become a more intelligent footballer and play less games

Back