• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Belgium vs England

We'll have it on I expect - our grandsons are being Christened at 5.30 so probably won't see the end though.

yep,...if Belgium really want to win this game,they will.
If they score early,they should win by two or three.

Surprised not more people have replied!!
Or watching the game.
after reading that this is the best England team ive seen,playing great football,this is the future,etc,etc...where has all the fans gone???
Come on England

It's the Zone during the close season Ozzie, it's always quiet. No doubt there will be far more Zoners watching the game than will admit to it, or be bothered to say, on here.

Good start England!!!People wrote on here our defence is good!!
seventh game and six times teams have scored against us...
Someone wrote and told me..ITV said England have the SECOND worst shots at goal..off all the teams in this WC??
What idiotic team is worse than us???

Not too much desire to win from England in that half. Belgium's experienced players are leading us a bit of a dance.

the fans having been booing us,we are that poor.
Our defence if you go at them..flap-panic...as the Croatias said.
Midfield..done nowt again..pass,pass..either back or sideways
Forewards..if they touch the ball,dont shoot..again..at least we are better than IRAN
After 20 odd minutes ,the Germans did not understand why England are so slow,by the time we got the ball to the halfway line Belgium were ready and waiting!!

Just no movement or quality up front, some decent passing out from the back and midfield then it all grinds to a halt as it turns into walking football that is easy to defend against.

Why is no one able to actually take on a player and look to beat him? Looks like just passing the ball and the blame to someone else

Why..i think thats the Hodgson-southgate way
pass.pass.pass...what should i do..no idea..just pass again..then blame him.
Belgium are playing in 3rd gear and England have no idea

A very comfortable win for Belgium.
We can play till tomorrow,we will not score.
We,again huff and puffed,but were very poor.
It proves,what most people though,that we had by far the easier draw and Southgate messed that up in the s/f,
If we had been on the other side of the draw,we would have been knocked out,first knock out game.
IMO,our best player was Pickford, in the WC,
As i wrote,enjoy this world cup,because in 18 months time,IMO,Southgate will have big problems.

We were a distance behind Belgium on skill level and speed of going forward. Much for us to learn.

Back