• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Che's Left Foot

an Australian chap
Ok, I was gonna post some inspirational message but to be honest, I can't be bothered. I put this video together after the playoff final a couple of years back, and after watching it again, it's made me realise just what a remarkable job Tilly and the boys have done over the last few years.

And I think so long as we have a chance of staying up (however slim it might seem) let's just all get behind the lads for the next two games and give it our all. And if by this time tomorrow we are relegated back to League One, why not just take one moment to sit back and think of how far we've come, and what a remarkable season this has been. One which i'm sure we'll all never forget.

Take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqMUDsoyAzs

It's not over 'til the fat lady sings....

Optimistic or pessimistic,we get together and show everyone what this club is about so even if we are losing 0-4 with 20 minutes to go ,we sing non stop. we are still Champions,there's a Spencer song ,not to mention a possible farewell to the best Southend player ever.

Then 3,000 of us do the same next week, stay up or go down singing, we show the world.

Or rather - when he looked fit

true

seeing juppy score and celebrate makes me well up everytime... what a great goal and such a legend. juppy was my fav player that season... left it all on the pitch!

Those were the days....freddy playing like he wanted to, and nicky nic with that sweet left foot!!

Or rather - when he looked fit

Or rather when he played for a team that gave him the ball in the opponents half and he wasnt expected to beat 9 players to create a goal scoring chance for himself.

I admire some peoples optimism and we should certainly enjoy the next 2 games at this level. Its the last two we will play in this division so may as well make the most of it, lets hope we have something to cheer about tomorrow with a last win at Roots Hall!

I do admire the optimism of some of you.

Sadly I do not share it.

But it's not optimism, Smiffy. I am as sure as anyone that we won't get out of this fine mess. But I am DAMNED if I am going to chuck in the towel. As I said to MtS* today, they will have to tear the towel from my hands. Not optimism. Bloody Mindedness!

:guns:

*Clique Alert :fart:

Last edited:
Good post - but it's not about believing - it's about enjoying the last game at home this season and making sure that if today is the day we go down then we go down singing our hearts out proud to be Southend fans

I DO believe.

I believe we're going down.

But then that's the nature of sport, not just football, and certainly not just Southend United. We have good seasons, bad ones, that's the way life goes. So long as the team can come off the pitch having given all they can that's good enough for me. Not just today but always.

It brought tears to my eyes watching that again, especially after two LDV Final defeats in Cardiff.

Happy days!

This season is only a hiccup & we'll be back stronger & better. Just believe & support the Mighty Blues!!

Back