• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

believed to have been seen in southend.........

shrimperian

Coach
Please do not berate me for this. This is not one of those useless posts proclaiming that I know something you dont. However, there was excitement today at Chelmsford when it was rumoured that none other Lee Trundle has been spotted at RH this week!! Apparently, the club were trying to arrange a press conference for late yesterday to announce something big but it has been put off, presumably until Monday. I must say I doubt this very much, if we were going to sign Trundle, surely we wouldnt let him be seen at RH? All I will say is that the guy standing next to me is adamant that he saw Trundle and overheard someone in the ticket office talking about a press conference yesterday.

I am simply passing on what has been said. I for one would prefer Sharp.

surely they wouldnt delay the press conference until monday, i don't think this is a bad post, it has a chance of being correct so every reason to post this, but its most probably nonsense.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ July 15 2006,18:47)]but its most probably nonsense.
Yay! You can say sensible things!
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Shimperian, maybe your friend confused Trundle with Robinson? They do actually look quite alike from a distance (in my opinion anyway).

robinsonpe5.jpg

trundlehq2.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ July 15 2006,19:33)]Shimperian, maybe your friend confused Trundle with Robinson? They do actually look quite alike from a distance (in my opinion anyway).

robinsonpe5.jpg

trundlehq2.jpg
...and both are scousers.

Hmmmm interesting !! i'd have too say Robbo is your man by the sound of it. weve just about signed a centeral midfielder from fulham & one of their left sided wingers......:O

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kris @ July 15 2006,19:33)]Shimperian, maybe your friend confused Trundle with Robinson? They do actually look quite alike from a distance (in my opinion anyway).
Indeed they do. Rumours were that Tilly was hopeful of meeting Robinson personally this week as well.

oops.gif

Firstly, let me say that I was simply relaying what was said to me. I must confess to never having seen the guy I stood next to before, so could all be crap, but he was adamant. I take the point on the likeness between Robinson and Trundle, and indeed, it was me who broke the news that we were talkng to Robinson some weeks back, when my Swnas mate told me he had heard it down there.

Would love Robinson to sign I have to say.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (gh_scfc @ July 15 2006,19:43)]Hmmmm  interesting !!  i'd have too say Robbo is your man by the sound of it.  weve just about signed a centeral midfielder from fulham & one of their left sided wingers......:O
How much would you reckon Robbo would go for, then, gb_scfc?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ July 15 2006,18:49)]The poster formerly known as Whatever....

Now with extra Benedictiness.
Completely irrelevant, but surely it should be with extra Benediction?

wink.gif

Another post getting our excitement all up! Now I cant wait till monday to see if this is true!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ July 15 2006,23:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ July 15 2006,18:49)]The poster formerly known as Whatever....

wink.gif
Yes, you're quite right SiaK.

English never was my strong point at school!  
smile.gif

Back on topic, though.....

I'd say that we shouldn't be getting our hopes up about a new signing just yet. I wouldn't be surpriesed if Tilly waited until after the Wakering game to do more deals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ July 16 2006,06:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ July 15 2006,23:55)]
[b said:

wink.gif
Yes, you're quite right SiaK.

English never was my strong point at school!  
smile.gif

Back on topic, though.....

I'd say that we shouldn't be getting our hopes up about a new signing just yet. I wouldn't be surpriesed if Tilly waited until after the Wakering game to do more deals.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] "benediction"ben·e·dic·tion (bn-dkshn)
n.
1. A blessing.
2. An invocation of divine blessing, usually at the end of a church service.
3. often Benediction Roman Catholic Church A short service consisting of prayers, the singing of a Eucharistic hymn, and the blessing of the congregation with the host.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>4. An expression of good wishes.</span>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 4. I was thinking of, nothing really wrong with Benedictiness just liked Benediction.

smile.gif

probably the wrong place to put this post and possibly been talked about before but I&#39;m just back from seeing the in laws in Scotland. They get the Scottish Sun which is probably even worse than the English version if this is possible. However there was a full page article about Hammell signing for us. Very interesting and clearly Hammell is very well thought of in Scotland (confirmed by both my football daft nephews who thought it was a real coup us signing him) Anyway I nearly choked on my corn flakes when Hammell said that he signed because of our &quot;ambitions to be a Premiership side&quot; saying this is what the manager wants and the task he&#39;s been given by the chairman. Blooming ada. I hope poor old Hammell didn&#39;t swallow this or are we all underestimating Big Ron.
tounge.gif
rock.gif

Back