• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bell - Petrol Station Cloning...

Jam_Man

Life President
My mum had her card cloned at the petrol station at the Bell.

Whats the world coming to ?

These people have nice jobs with flexible working hours where they get their own office and are their own boss, yet they still turn to crime.

Beware....

similar thing happened to my mum about half a year ago. they spent thousands and the bank treated my mum as a suspect even though it was her card and the money was being spent in manchester. eventually got it sorted after months of trouble.

hard to believe it happens to so many people

first the fairway...now the bell, where can i go to get petrol now!?

It just sums our country up at the moment, i mean after watching whistle blower last night about Barclays and the brazen stealing that goes on in there, its hardly surprising scum bags are fleecing us for whatever they can get their hands on.

Im old school and still pay for as much as i can with cash, and i use a trusted local cash machine which hardly anyone else uses.

My mum had her card cloned at the petrol station at the Bell.

Whats the world coming to ?

These people have nice jobs with flexible working hours where they get their own office and are their own boss, yet they still turn to crime.

Beware....

I'm not condoning any sort of crime here for a second but how can you believe working as a cashier in an all night garage is a sweet job to have?

I had a similar thing happen to me. The bank (Lloyds) actually spotted it quicker than I did. The card was used to buy petrol in Ealing whilst I was landing a plane in Northampton. So I had managed to pay for petrol in West London and then pay my landing fee in Northampton within a few minutes of eachother!

This happened on a Saturday whilst the banks were closed and Lloyds contacted me on the Monday.

At the cash point or the payment desk?

At the desk. Her credit card was being used in Czech Republic, luckily Barclays were on the spot and stopped it.

I'm not condoning any sort of crime here for a second but how can you believe working as a cashier in an all night garage is a sweet job to have?

Kidding right ? You are your own boss, can read all the magazines for free. Must be great.

Unfortunately it is a poor paid job where the person is inevitably on their own handling credit cards so is open to abuse. The pay on the pump garages are the only way to be sure.

At the desk. Her credit card was being used in Czech Republic, luckily Barclays were on the spot and stopped it.

Cheers for the warning. I filled up there and subsequently used my card there about 3 days ago. Will be watching my bank balance closely and contacting Barclays sooninsh.

Note. What is it with me and Petrol. First Tesco FUBAR my car with dodgy fuel, and now there is a possibility that card could be cloned. FFS!

Petrols weird, 90% of petrol stations are closed or closing and the ones that arent seem to be staffed by criminals.

Tescos etc are probably the safest bet but seem to be putting mud and baked beans in their petrol.

One way of cutting emissions I guess.

Back