• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben clarkson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told he’s gutted by this?

Ben is essentially a Southend fan and now won't be watching anywhere near as much football. No matter how badly we are playing, that sometimes can be gutting and I know he found not being involved last Saturday very hard - after all, he's been doing it for 14 years! But it may end up being not too bad for him and he certainly hasn't been demoted.

Well I didn’t just pluck this out the sky it was obviously correct information

So Ben himself told you information like this and your first thought was to post it all over an Internet forum.. if I were Ben I think I’d consider telling you stuff in future.

So Ben himself told you information like this and your first thought was to post it all over an Internet forum.. if I were Ben I think I’d consider telling you stuff in future.
I don't think Ben did tell @bess30 personally. It was via a mutual contact.

Probably shouldn't have gone for the SZ outing though.

My brother has a mutual contact of Ben’s too and what I’ve heard is similar to what fbm has heard. He is needed at home a bit more at the moment and that’s something he wants too. Not being involved on Saturdays will initially be hard for him, but the work that Ben does and which has earned him so many plaudits over the years doesn’t take place on a Saturday. His bread and butter is at the training ground on non-match days. As head of the department, he will continue to do that.

A man has to put his family first and special times with young children pass very quickly so much respect to him for doing this.I know he is very highly thought of by the players

My brother has a mutual contact of Ben’s too and what I’ve heard is similar to what fbm has heard. He is needed at home a bit more at the moment and that’s something he wants too. Not being involved on Saturdays will initially be hard for him, but the work that Ben does and which has earned him so many plaudits over the years doesn’t take place on a Saturday. His bread and butter is at the training ground on non-match days. As head of the department, he will continue to do that.

From the O/S this morning. Love the Crowd Doctor title. Maybe one or two on here need to make an appointment soonish?

Manager: Kevin Bond
Assistant Manager: Gary Waddock
First-team coach: Svetoslav Todorov
Head of Recruitment: Roger Cross
Goalkeeper Coach: Lee Harrison
Head Physio: Ben Clarkson
Lead Sport Scientist: Stefano Russo
Kit Manager: Ollie Murphy
Crowd Doctor: Dr. O Macaulay

From the O/S this morning. Love the Crowd Doctor title. Maybe one or two on here need to make an appointment soonish?

Manager: Kevin Bond
Assistant Manager: Gary Waddock
First-team coach: Svetoslav Todorov
Head of Recruitment: Roger Cross
Goalkeeper Coach: Lee Harrison
Head Physio: Ben Clarkson
Lead Sport Scientist: Stefano Russo
Kit Manager: Ollie Murphy
Crowd Doctor: Dr. O Macaulay

Yeah , I work in London and get home quite late , so the chance to see a doctor on a Saturday afternoon is a godsend for me !

Do you think he was carrying a bit to much weight tho? Not a great imAge for the club to have the physio being that much overweight I think Ron called him in and had a word

Do you think he was carrying a bit to much weight tho? Not a great imAge for the club to have the physio being that much overweight I think Ron called him in and had a word

You sound like a wind up merchant to me fella and they get found out very quickly on here. As with so many others, a large pillar of salt needed to digest your posts in future I think.

He is a physio.. not a fitness instructor. Besides, Steve Evans the fat ******* has forged a half decent career for himself. Don’t see why his weight would have anything to do with this apparent demotion you speak off.

He is a physio.. not a fitness instructor. Besides, Steve Evans the fat ******* has forged a half decent career for himself. Don’t see why his weight would have anything to do with this apparent demotion you speak off.
I agree

I reckon most of us knew where this thread was going after your second post.

Only posting what I heard and to see if anybody else knew I agree he’s weight shouldn’t come in to account in his job,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back