• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

amsemp

Director⭐

I liked this one:

Is this one of those "I know because I have a source (hairdresser/butcher etcetera)" type threads? Because I don't know what this is about.

Have I missed something or is there a "magical code" that unlocks the story?

Hash tag: Playgroundsecrets

Is this one of those "I know because I have a source (hairdresser/butcher etcetera)" type threads? Because I don't know what this is about.

Rather than an "I know something you don't", this one appears to be an "Everyone knows something that you don't"!!

To be fair, people would be posting it if it were allowed. The site understandably has to be careful with anything unsubstantiated. Not so much a secret, I have stated before I'm happy to tell anyone in PM if they want to know.

Rather than an "I know something you don't", this one appears to be an "Everyone knows something that you don't"!!

Oh well. I'm sure someone will let me know at some point .............my life will be just that much poorer until that day ...........:smiles:

To be fair, people would be posting it if it were allowed. The site understandably has to be careful with anything unsubstantiated. Not so much a secret, I have stated before I'm happy to tell anyone in PM if they want to know.

Thanks for the offer of a Private Message .......... but no thanks.

I'm guessing the story is not so pleasant - and it is unsubstantiated you say. Take care then - it is fine us messing around on here for a bit of fun and entertainment but this sounds like something very different. I'm off.

Think we would run Harchester pretty close to be honest!

Remember when we had Harchester in for a pre-season friendly? We had to do about 267 takes so their little actor bloke could score a goal and then we all had to celebrate as he came running over to the stand. Remember seeing it on the episode after and the defending for the goal was hilariously bad. Adam Barrett just ran up to the bloke with the ball and fell over to allow him through on goal. I managed to spot myself in the crowd, but my blue Southend shirt had been turned purple!

What the Sam Hill are people chuntering on about? It's not unusual for me to go home before they start spin the bottle but I haven't even arrived for this one.

Remember when we had Harchester in for a pre-season friendly? We had to do about 267 takes so their little actor bloke could score a goal and then we all had to celebrate as he came running over to the stand. Remember seeing it on the episode after and the defending for the goal was hilariously bad. Adam Barrett just ran up to the bloke with the ball and fell over to allow him through on goal. I managed to spot myself in the crowd, but my blue Southend shirt had been turned purple!

Jesus, I could happily gone the rest of my life without thinking of that.

Some of our newer fans think they have got it bad here now - they should be thankful they weren't around at a time when we were actually signing actors off of football soap operas to play right wing and comedians because they had once played in goal against a 38 year old Matt Le Tissier.

:hilarious: I know, there is never a dull moment at our circus of a club

Also, nice gesture as it was for Goater's farewell match (Home v Bristol City) I can't see many over clubs offering a block of tickets (Man City fans) to clubs who are not even involved in that day's. What made it worse is that was the match where we won the title, farcical really.

Me thinks this could have a seperate thread :winking:

Are people reading too much into this tweet? A lot of the second half of the article talks about Andy Ansah's role in the production of Dream Team, it even mentions Southend by name as the club he made the most appearances for. Maybe Ben is just tweeting it for the Southend link.

Should have used Daz*. It's kind on colours.

*Other washing powders are also available.

Are people reading too much into this tweet? A lot of the second half of the article talks about Andy Ansah's role in the production of Dream Team, it even mentions Southend by name as the club he made the most appearances for. Maybe Ben is just tweeting it for the Southend link.

And the fact that it was written yesterday.

You killjoy.

Ben Clarkson is far too professional (not to mention sensible) to tweet something that is anti-Southend, so you're almost certainly right, but you're still a killjoy!

Back