• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben Coker - Episode 3

Hes always injured
We would be foolish not to offer Ben a new contract, one year with an option to extend would seem fair. We need to keep all the quality players here for next season, give them all a good chance to become a good team, too many long term injuries prevented that this year. Surely, Ben has established his credibility to be in that group. ACL & MCL injuries are significant, however, advances in surgeries and rehab have made that a very recoverable situation. I'd always take Coker over Hart, a better defender, better positional play and puts pressure on the ball quicker. However, would still find room for Hart further up the field, Can't see him coming back though.

So after all that begging and then not begging and then begging again, he's decided to leave rather than us letting him go. He told the club he wished to leave at the end of his contract according to the OS. Big case of telling someone something and the something else a few days later, but in this case, all over the BBC. Footballers have never been the sharpest tools in the shed.

That being said, as a player I have a lot of respect for him, even if it does take him 2 weeks to deliver a ball in to the box.

Well, sorry to see Ben go, but I guess it was inevitable really. I would wish him all the best of luck with the rest of his recovery and his next move. To be fair, he could do far worse than Lincoln, who are a club with probably more prosperous owners and more prospects.

He will be missed, but we will manage.

Lincoln could be all gossip and little reality. If Ben comes in for fitness work etc then he could be keeping options open.

Will be a big miss. Mark my words..

No he won't; we've hardly seen him in the last 2 seasons and I thought he was pretty poor at the end of last season.

Too much of a risk IMO, so happy we're going to look elsewhere.

Love following the 'Ben Coker' story, a real human interest tale, this is not a Premier League player, but an honest sportsman - who's livelihood is at stake. It is after all a short career and it amazes me those who have been abusive to Ben especially as I suspect they haven't ventured far into the world of working or indeed left home and have mortgage etc - rant over!
Cokes one decent fella and to good a club player to be given. abuse don't need support from our own supporters

Back