• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben Coker-My Journey

Still another 2-3 months until he can start running and get a ball at his feet. Will be interesting to see how things play out come the end of the season.

Brilliant to see how happy he is in the latest video. He's never really lost his smile in any of the updates but you can tell he's buzzing to have shaved 6 months off the overall time already.

I wonder if down to his diabetes having to have a disciplined lifestyle anyway is helping to speed up his recovery process.

Having seen Sam Hart I think we could still play Coker now!

Brilliant seeing him making progress, although I winced every time he moved his left leg in the early training clips. These videos could be a good way forward with long term injuries, Keeping fans in the loop with what is involved in a long journey back to fitness.

Saw him working hard at the gym this morning with Oxley and young Harry.

Brilliant to see how happy he is in the latest video. He's never really lost his smile in any of the updates but you can tell he's buzzing to have shaved 6 months off the overall time already.

I wonder if down to his diabetes having to have a disciplined lifestyle anyway is helping to speed up his recovery process.

Having seen Sam Hart I think we could still play Coker now!

as you said- great to see him get some good news

I have always wondered about the quoted recovery times. I have always (rightly or wrongly) thought that surgeons quote 'average' times. Most of us have a full time job and would get maybe one physio appointment a week and would need to be super disciplined to do our exercises. I would fully expect a sportsman with no day job and access to physios and gyms to recover quicker than most of us
ps- i'm not taking anything away from Ben , just offering an opinion as to why the recovery time might be quicker.

Think we as a club should do the right thing and offer him a new deal. I guess it's only when players like Ben are not available do we realize how vital he was and how much we need him still. Great to see him smiling through it.

Think we as a club should do the right thing and offer him a new deal. I guess it's only when players like Ben are not available do we realize how vital he was and how much we need him still. Great to see him smiling through it.

We already did, he turned it down.

If it was a derisory offer to someone who's been a loyal servant to the club , he has every right to turn it down.

If it was a derisory offer to someone who's been a loyal servant to the club , he has every right to turn it down.

At the time of offering I can’t imagine it would be as he has been an integral part of our team for years now.

Remember Woody said he felt the club had sold him short on he's offer so it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same for Ben , End of the day , He must see what the likes of Kights are on and feels he's contributed far more to the cause.

Anyway , Rejected deals aside , the club should come again and do our best to keep him.

The best thing to do would be to offer him a month to month contract until he's proved his fitness then review things. No other club would be willing to offer him much more than that in the summer as things stand.

Remember Woody said he felt the club had sold him short on he's offer so it wouldn't surprise me if it was the same for Ben , End of the day , He must see what the likes of Kights are on and feels he's contributed far more to the cause.

Anyway , Rejected deals aside , the club should come again and do our best to keep him.

But Wordworth wasn’t performing and hadn’t been for a while. Coker has been consistent throughout his tenure at the club.

So why else would he reject a deal , he must know in himself at he's age its unlikely to move up the Footballing pyramid , i just think it must boil down to wages and not feeling he was getting what he felt he brings to the party.
Again we could be wrong ? But i suspect we have offered terms close to he's current deal and at the time he felt he was worth more.
I hope common sense prevails from all corners and we have him in the blue of SUFC for next season.

Back