• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben Coker

Likewise. However, the real question is would he come back? I suspect not.
Appleton doesn't appear to want to keep Ben even with The Cowleys wanting Toffolo. That could be down to his fitness levels, long term and short term. I would have a fully fit Ben back but the last thing we need is for him to come back and then break down again.

Even if Ben wanted to come back, and is fit enough, I can't see Ron agreeing to sign him.

I do know he is a quality left back at Div1 level if he gets his full mojo back.
He has been out injured for a long time.
He refused Ron's contract and with the situation of change in dressing room power current now then Ben returning is as likely as us avoiding relegation.
He will get picked up pdq I expect.

It’s a risk, is he fit can he last the rest of the season? If he could and is then it would be a great piece of business. Or we could get someone in on loan and hope we get a Mulgrew type loan signing who is brilliant or we can get a Malone who was ****.

He knows the club and wouldn’t have to adjust to the area. Question is would it be someone Sol would want?

Even if Ben wanted to come back, and is fit enough, I can't see Ron agreeing to sign him.

Any particular reason, or just gut feeling?

As it happens I don't think he'll come back, but I personally don't think it will be Ron's decision. I also believe he left because he wasn't happy with KB as manager, but I might be wrong there.

Didn’t we offer him contract? He just chose to refuse it?

Any particular reason, or just gut feeling?

As it happens I don't think he'll come back, but I personally don't think it will be Ron's decision. I also believe he left because he wasn't happy with KB as manager, but I might be wrong there.

Just that he turned down our previous contract offer made before his injury - interesting that you don't think it would be Ron's decision given he holds the purse strings ?

He won't be back here. His parting wasn't the nicest. Also, Lincoln got one proper game out of him in all those months. Obviously the long term injuries have taken their toll.

Obviously a very good player when fit and happy

But, he wanted a move away, he didn't want to play for the club anymore, why would we take him back

Sol needs to find players who want to be here and are focused on their own careers

Some high risk, injured & no where near match fit player who doesnt want to be here is obviously not the answer!

He'll be 30 in the summer, maybe he'll look at other careers, he wont be earning the money he wants and clearly expects as a footballer

I'm guessing he's not fully fit. If he were I doubt Lincoln would be getting rid of him.

According to Lincoln fans he's just been constantly injured and not just his knee issues.
Looks like they took a gamble on him and it hasn't worked out. I'd say his career is now dependent on any other clubs willing to take a risk on him.

Just that he turned down our previous contract offer made before his injury - interesting that you don't think it would be Ron's decision given he holds the purse strings ?

No, I don't think it will be Ron's decision, I think it will be Ben's. I don't think he would want to come back. Ron simply won't have a decision to make.

ben coker can move on -hes been told ..is this new or old news.. should have stayed with us ?

According to Lincoln fans he's just been constantly injured and not just his knee issues.
Looks like they took a gamble on him and it hasn't worked out. I'd say his career is now dependent on any other clubs willing to take a risk on him.

I expect he'll end up non league or simply give it up altogether.
Don't know him so don't know if nice bloke or not but I don't hold any grudge for him wanting to move away and better himself.

Cokes may be thinking about what happened to Sean Clohessey; it wasn't great for him after he "out grew" us.

Back