• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben Folds Five

Pubey

I know there are some big BF5 fans lurking on here. They've reformed and planning a big UK tour this year. Exciting or what! If you've not hear of them or seen them, then give them a go - they're great!

O2 Academy Bournemouth (November 23)
Nottingham Rock City (24)
Dublin Vicar Street (26)
O2 Apollo Manchester (29)
O2 Academy Glasgow (30)
O2 Academy Leeds (December 1)
O2 Academy Birmingham (3)
O2 Academy Brixton (4)

[video=youtube;X3kI4MYfCLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3kI4MYfCLI[/video]

Haven't seen the trio, but seen Ben on his ownsome, and he's absolutely superb and gets the crowd going for one bloke and a piano. Trouble is his last tour was expensive!

Personally I love the 5 but not so keen on his solo stuff (so I haven't listened to him really for years) - they'll be great, can't wait to see them live.

Haven't seen the trio, but seen Ben on his ownsome, and he's absolutely superb and gets the crowd going for one bloke and a piano. Trouble is his last tour was expensive!
small pianist - he is putting the money towards an operation.
Regina Spector too, v expensive these days, they should do what drummers do and tour together and share the kit.

small pianist - he is putting the money towards an operation.
Regina Spector too, v expensive these days, they should do what drummers do and tour together and share the kit.

LOL!

yeah tickets aren't cheap, London is £40, non-London is £30 (I'm heading up to Glasgow to see them with my brother).

Wot no Cliffs Pavillion? Must be an oversight.

Would live to see Mr Folds, but don't like big venues for music. I imagne he's the type of act that would play better in a smaller space, but then I think that about everyone.

I'll just be over here in the corner, mumbling to myself about the 'good old days'.

Battle of who could care less, brick, philosophy, alice childress, sports and wine, boxing. The list goes on, a great great band. I would agree that his solo stuff isnt a patch on the Five, he went too soppy.

Back