• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperton

Manager
The guy who won Football next star on sky, playing for Concord, has a great set piece delivery, can beat a player & his crossing is very good indeed. He has certainly made quite a difference down at Thames Rd, & could well play higher. Could be a great feed for Barry Corr like he has done for King at Concord!!

Must be worth a look for at least a trial next season, there is a lot of talent locally who could do a job for us.. i would imagine a transfer fee & wages would be well within Rons war chest!!

Well done to Concord though, now only 2 divisions away from us :stunned:, they are a good watch too, play some good attacking stuff!!

Heard he was going Scotland next year, can't remember what team though.

He's joined Inverness for next season I believe.

Shame, but there is still a lot of talent in the local non leagues, the concord front 2 have scored 60 goals between them, the Lowestoft team has some good players in it too, ive seen some good players in the ryman this year, certainly better than Straker & Spillane!!

Obviously wasn't good enough for Inter Milan. Didn't we have someone that was on one of those shows in our youth set up?

Hicham Abdellah. Just remembered his name, what happened to him?

The guy who won Football next star on sky, playing for Concord, has a great set piece delivery, can beat a player & his crossing is very good indeed. He has certainly made quite a difference down at Thames Rd, & could well play higher. Could be a great feed for Barry Corr like he has done for King at Concord!!

Must be worth a look for at least a trial next season, there is a lot of talent locally who could do a job for us.. i would imagine a transfer fee & wages would be well within Rons war chest!!

Well done to Concord though, now only 2 divisions away from us :stunned:, they are a good watch too, play some good attacking stuff!!

Isn't he the one who looks like Cristiano Ronaldo's double?

Yes.

On another note I always wonder how we miss some local talent! Am I right in thinking Craig Mackail-Smith is another local lad we missed?

According to Wikipedia he was a Watford boy and started his career with St Albans, so localish I spose!

We're usually pretty good at spotting some local talent. We obviously had Kightly on the books once upon a time, aswell as Mitchell Cole, Freddy Eastwood and Gary Hooper who all came from Grays. We were also in for Paul Benson and Chris Whelpdale who unfortunately got away!

Shame, but there is still a lot of talent in the local non leagues, the concord front 2 have scored 60 goals between them, the Lowestoft team has some good players in it too, ive seen some good players in the ryman this year, certainly better than Straker & Spillane!!

From my experience it's usually speed of thought, fitness levels and mental strength that prevents a lower league player becoming a decent professional at L2 level. Of course there are exceptions. Ability isn't usually the deal-breaker!

From my experience it's usually speed of thought, fitness levels and mental strength that prevents a lower league player becoming a decent professional at L2 level. Of course there are exceptions. Ability isn't usually the deal-breaker!

It should have been with Straker.

Something our boys lacked massively since Christmas

Back