• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
This article is on www.givemefootball.com:

<span style='color:blue'>David Bentley is determined to play through the pain barrier to help Southend make it third time lucky in Cardiff against Lincoln on Saturday. The Shrimpers have reached the last two LDV Vans finals – both held at the Millennium Stadium – and lost on both occasions.

However, they face a Lincoln side equally determined to make it third time lucky themselves after failing in the play-offs for the last two seasons. Bentley dislocated and fractured his thumb during last weekend's 1-0 victory over Northampton Town, but the 27-year-old will plough on regardless.

"There is no way in the world I'm going to miss this game," said Bentley. "It was quite painful at the weekend and it does need an operation because it keeps falling out the socket but that won't phase me. It's in a soft cast at the moment and I will definitely play on Saturday."

Bentley, who had the injury x-rayed at hospital yesterday, also picked up the problem in bizarre circumstances as the damage was caused by a pass from teammate Nicky Nicolau. "It was Nicky who did it," confirmed Bentley.

"It was just before the goal and he was trying to keep the ball in play but he whacked it against my hand from close range, which hasn't gone down too well as you would imagine. I drive in with Nicky to training every morning as well so I might have to give him a forearm smash to get my own back."

Bentley's decision to play through the pain barrier will meet with a big thumbs-up from Shrimpers manager Steve Tilson. He has ordered his troops to maintain their bravery and passion ahead of Saturday's League Two play-off final.</span>

Other than the fact that they've got the wrong Bentley, had anyone else realised that this had happened to Beno's thumb?

rock.gif
ghostface.gif

Poor sod. I hope he can play through the pain barrier, because if we don't have him against the Lincoln Globetrotters on Saturday we're f**ked.

down.gif
ghostface.gif

Matt

Yeah I believe this was in The Evening Echo the other night...

Say it quietly though, or we will have the cobblers fans claiming handball in the lead up to the penalty&#33;..

laugh.gif

I was sceptical that it was our Benno as I was under the impression that Bentley, being such a legend as he is, doesn&#39;t feel any pain.

I was most disappointed to find out otherwise.

I saw it first hand (no pun intended&#33;), as sitting next to our dugout, he came running over towards us once the penalty had been awarded with a very odd shaped looking thumb. It&#39;s his left one actually.
wink.gif

Yeah I saw it happen too. He looked in a lot of pain. Ran to the dugout holding it with the other hand like he&#39;d just lost a finger. Came back out with it all bandaged up.
Hope it doesnt affect his &quot;get in there&quot; attitude though. Human nature says it may. We&#39;re gonna need a bit of muscle and agression up front.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ May 25 2005,18:29)]I drive in with Nicky to training every morning as well so I might have to give him a forearm smash to get my own back
That&#39;s our David

biggrin.gif
rock.gif

Sounds like a man who&#39;s going to play to be honest. I wouldn&#39;t worry too much.

poor Nicky Nic I say, a forearm smash from Bentley - not something I&#39;d ever like to face.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 25 2005,18:45)]I was sceptical that it was our Benno as I was under the impression that Bentley, being such a legend as he is, doesn&#39;t feel any pain.

surely you must be referring to SUPER... (ha ha
laugh.gif
) kevin maher

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 25 2005,18:45)]I was sceptical that it was our Benno as I was under the impression that Bentley, being such a legend as he is, doesn&#39;t feel any pain.

I&#39;m with you on that one HKB.

Perhaps he done it when flying two footed through the majority of the Northampton team.

If he was to miss out on saturday, we&#39;d be &#036;%&amp;*ed. He is such a crucial player and part of the reason we lost the LDV final was that Beno was moved out wide right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ May 25 2005,23:45)]Careful you do not want to go upsetting ORM now, do you?
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif
dont talk to me...
mad.gif

Back