• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I doubt we will ever know the fee but tbh will PB get any of it for the budget for this season?

You can't lose Bentley Payne Worrall who were arguable the best players last season and not bring in quality as a replacement.

I doubt we will ever know the fee but tbh will PB get any of it for the budget for this season?

You can't lose Bentley Payne Worrall who were arguable the best players last season and not bring in quality as a replacement.

If it goes to a tribunal probably not. It took a long time for Burnley to receive funds for Danny Ings.

PB needs to pull his finger out his arse or we will be relegated if the end of last season is anything to go by!

PB needs to pull his finger out his arse or we will be relegated if the end of last season is anything to go by!

What has that got to do with Bentley? Why the instant need to bash Brown, he is not at fault for Bentley not signing a new deal and leaving.

ANyway, good luck Dan, decent move and should get games there.

He served us well! Good luck to him.

Ted Smith should be a good replacement, let's hope he gets his chance.

Clearly gone for the money ,not for his future

What on earth makes you say that? In the past 2 seasons Brentford have finished 5th and 9th in the Championship and have a very good keeper in David Button that Bentley can learn, and hopefully one day, take over from. He's probably developed as much as he can with us, moving on is the right move at this stage of his career, he's probably going to learn a lot more from a good Championship club than a lower half League 1 club.

Clearly gone for the money ,not for his future

I'm very confused by this thing about money. It has been clear since last season that Bentley had made up his mind to move to another club. He nearly got to QPR (a good move most on here thought) and they finished in 12th place in the Championship. Brentford finished in 9th place, 5 points ahead of QPR. Dan will undoubtedly get more money at Brentford than at Southend, but so what. That's why people change jobs, ambition and more money drive most of us to look for a change of job during our working career, and Dan is no different. It's a pretty good move at this stage of his career, for him and hopefully for us.

What has that got to do with Bentley? Why the instant need to bash Brown, he is not at fault for Bentley not signing a new deal and leaving.

ANyway, good luck Dan, decent move and should get games there.
I never said its brown fault I said he needs to respond and replace the players... As for Bentley leaving it was always going to happen and he served us well, just as a Southend fan I don't see Brentford as a 'big move' but if he's played it's a great stepping stone

£750k according to Twitter. Hopefully we've got a decent sell on clause and future incentives.

Good luck Dan - good move for him.

£750k according to Twitter. Hopefully we've got a decent sell on clause and future incentives.

Good luck Dan - good move for him.
How much of this would go to PB do we reckon? Could this be the start of real business in terms of players?

How much of this would go to PB do we reckon? Could this be the start of real business in terms of players?

Wouldn't have thought it will make too much difference. Will just mean we can spend more on wages but we still have to convince the better players to come here. Novak turned us down for Charlton and Knight-Percival turned us down for Bradford. We can probably afford to pay both of those the same as what they're on at their respective clubs, but getting them to come here is the hard bit. I don't see us being fancied this season given the players we've lost and not yet replaced.

Best of luck from one ex Bromfords pupil to another!!

Incidently this is the club whose chairman is making signings based on a mathmatical formula. That was why Mark Wurburton left after not accepting it. It'll be interesting to see how they do, as 2 out of the 3 signings made today have a link to us. All three look decent signings for a club on a budget in the Championship.

It'll be interesting to see how they do this season again.

Good luck Dan. Will he ever put in a performance at Griffin park like Paul Smith did in that Fa cup tie?

Back