• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Was last offered one 4 months ago apparently.

Suppose his reaction will largely depend upon what interest there is as it seems to have been relatively quiet for him this month, better safe and with a contract here than end up without a club in the summer?

Have to wonder if going public with all this is the best idea, unless of course we want to get rid and get a fee now and Brown wants to force interested clubs into a last minute offer.

I don't think we would bother offering if we did not have a hope in hell, he's obviously going to get a pay rise and perks, knowing Ron it will be shares in the stadium plus a life time library card and a nextflix subscription on top!
Dan for a keeper is still very very young I don't see the harm in him signing one more year especially if he can see we are in with a shout of a playoff push

It matters because if it goes to a tribunal part of the calculation includes the deal he is presently on or if has been offered a new contract the details of the new contract. So it makes perfect sense for us to offer an improved contract even if we know he won't sign it

It matters because if it goes to a tribunal part of the calculation includes the deal he is presently on or if has been offered a new contract the details of the new contract. So it makes perfect sense for us to offer an improved contract even if we know he won't sign it

I think you've summed it up completely why we are making the offer.

From Dan's point of view it doesn't make sense to sign anything until reviewing his options at the end of the season.

Chris deleted the tweet? Bentley's dad laughing about it on twitter - bit embarrassing.

I thought Bentley had already made his mind up to run his contract down then maybe wait for the offers ?

Was last offered one 4 months ago apparently.

Suppose his reaction will largely depend upon what interest there is as it seems to have been relatively quiet for him this month, better safe and with a contract here than end up without a club in the summer?

Have to wonder if going public with all this is the best idea, unless of course we want to get rid and get a fee now and Brown wants to force interested clubs into a last minute offer.

I really don't think that is a going to be a problem

No chance !

Dan IMO will be off to a bigger club with very nice salary.

It does say at the end of the echo article that Dan is not sure that its the right thing to do, would suggest him signing a new contract is a long way off. Think this season has also proved that Dan is a long way off being the finished article. He has been outstanding in many games but also has made quite a few mistakes. Another year or two with us wouldnt be that bad for him.

Chris deleted the tweet? Bentley's dad laughing about it on twitter - bit embarrassing.
I'm not in Twitter. Why delete a tweet that you have also posted a story about on the echo site. Did the tweet say so mething different. Seeing as how his dad spent his career warming the bench i hope he will use his own experience to offer useful guidance

I think he will be off to a top championship club and we will receive about 500k

Maybe we can get hime to extend his contract for a Year or two then sell him in the Summer anyway? This way we will get some money out of it...

its certainly not the first time he has been involved , seen several rows on FB

Bit embarrassing. I don't think it's a good idea he's part of that FB group run by Chris imo. But if I was a pro footballer and my Dad was going on like that I'd being having a quiet word with him

Bit embarrassing. I don't think it's a good idea he's part of that FB group run by Chris imo. But if I was a pro footballer and my Dad was going on like that I'd being having a quiet word with him

To save me the bother of looking into it, what's Bentley Snr actually said?

The executive jets belonging to the chairman and the owner of Leicester City FC flew into Southend Airport today. I wonder why....?

Back