• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bernie

Well, I for one want to be around when MF gains control of the club. It will be spectacular entertainment off the pitch whatever happens on it.

We could get Angus Deayton presenting a live series from the Far Post and call it "Hell's FC".

Hey, we could even get Gordon Ramsay to shout abuse at the food kiosk staff in the first half then come on in the second to kick the shi.te out of some unsuspecting forward.

If he's good enough for Glasgow Rangers, he's good enough for us. Speculate to accumulate. He who dares wins is my motto.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hooly @ June 04 2004,14:25)]I believe that around a dozen Div 2 clubs & half that no. of Div one clubs applied the cap voluntarily last season.  
apparently its good for protection and would cut down on a lot of unwanted pregnancys?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,10:16)]Isn't the debt wierd in the sense its more paper debt. Rent etc that may well be cleared if a move to FF meterialises ?
I find the debt bit weird too - I thought Jobson sold the ground and B&L to Martin Dawn to pay off the club's debts. Instead we find that the ground has been sold and we're even more in debt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpergarry @ June 04 2004,17:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,10:16)]Isn't the debt wierd in the sense its more paper debt. Rent etc that may well be cleared if a move to FF meterialises ?
I find the debt bit weird too - I thought Jobson sold the ground and B&L to Martin Dawn to pay off the club's debts. Instead we find that the ground has been sold and we're even more in debt.
I think it was desperation by Jobson. What has crippled us is not the clubs loses, indeed they are manageable but its the £500,000 ? rent we are paying on RH to our owners.

Seven ? x £500,000 ? = £3.500.000 then you have all the money Delencey have plowed into the club to keep it going.

What i find most wierd is they know they will never get there £5m + back. So why not underwrite it and give the club a cleanslate. No prospective owner would pay that and then you have money for the club itself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,17:42)]So why not underwrite it and give the club a cleanslate. No prospective owner would pay that and then you have money for the club itself.
Because it insulates them against being bought out by (for example) the Trust... whilst SUFC and Roots Hall Ltd. have such big debts, they're basically untouchable - so that the property-men can control the club's, and particularly Roots Hall's, destiny.

rock.gif
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 04 2004,17:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,17:42)]So why not underwrite it and give the club a cleanslate. No prospective owner would pay that and then you have money for the club itself.
Because it insulates them against being bought out by (for example) the Trust... whilst SUFC and Roots Hall Ltd. have such big debts, they're basically untouchable - so that the property-men can control the club's, and particularly Roots Hall's, destiny.

rock.gif

sad.gif
Ohhh, Basicly insures that any prospective buyers wouldn't look twice and keeps the ball firmly in there court.

Id like to know the official line on the debt if/when we reach FF.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,18:01)]Ohhh, Basicly insures that any prospective buyers wouldn't look twice and keeps the ball firmly in there court.
Yep.  In one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,18:01)]Id like to know the official line on the debt if/when we reach FF.
Erm, there isn't one yet, so far as I know.  Which is why it's still an "if", concerning FF.

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 04 2004,18:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,18:01)]Id like to know the official line on the debt if/when we reach FF.
Erm, there isn't one yet.  Which is why it's still an "if", concerning FF.

sad.gif
Have we started building or put in a planning application in yet ?

sad.gif

RM has already stated that a planning application for new stadium will be after the summer ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,18:13)]RM has already stated that a planning application for new stadium will be after the summer ...

WS
Yes but Matt said why did i say if, like many id prefer to see the bricks and morter before i start gearing up for the new stadium.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,17:42)]I think it was desperation by Jobson.
Another incorrect fact from FM. Jobson had already sold his majority shareholding in Southend United to SEL almost a full year before the ground was sold. It was not his decision to make.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,18:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,17:42)]I think it was desperation by Jobson.
Another incorrect fact from FM. Jobson had already sold his majority shareholding in Southend United to SEL almost a full year before the ground was sold. It was not his decision to make.

WS
I thought Jobson sold it to SEL then handed them control. I bow down to your superior knowledge on the matter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,18:18)]like many id prefer to see the bricks and morter before i start gearing up for the new stadium.
So would we all, FM. Even us misguided supporters (according to Wiggy) living abroad. But nothing can happen until the planning application is submitted and approved, tender for contracts announced, material procurement achieved, etc, etc. No matter how much we hate it, we have to wait and see. Attacking the club for not doing anything when they have already said that application won't be submitted until later this year achieves nothing. Give it two or three more months and then we can start stamping our feet and shouting ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,18:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,18:19)]
[b said:

WS
I thought Jobson sold it to SEL then handed them control. I bow down to your superior knowledge on the matter.
Not superior knowledge, FM. Just access to the shareholder letter on March 5 1999 which outlines, amongst other things, the sale and leaseback of Roots Hall :

"On 30 April 1998 Mr V T Jobson, the then Chairman of the Club sold his 55% shareholding in the Club to South Eastern Leisure plc (SEL) (a company previously wholly owned by him and his associates) and simultaneously Martin Dawn acquired a 50% shareholding in SEL."

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,18:23)]until the planning application is submitted and approved
And that's the bit that will be really long & painful, since it's likely to be "called in" by Two Jags, and we're likely to have a fight with KARERS...

ghostface.gif

Until the first brick is lain, FF will remain an "if" in my mind, rather than a "when"...

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ June 04 2004,18:26)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,18:23)]until the planning application is submitted and approved
And that's the bit that will be really long & painful, since it's likely to be "called in" by Two Jags, and we're likely to have a fight with KARERS...

Until the first brick is lain, FF will remain an "if" in my mind, rather than a "when"...

sad.gif
Indeed. I think a lot of people got carried away when the B&Q application was approved by Prescott. Although in theory it re-opened the door for a new stadium on FF, in reality we are no nearer to it. The planning application submission and subsequent approval is likely to take another 18 months or so, do you reckon? And then another 12 months or so for tender and procurement before a brick is even laid (according to RM when both of us chatted to him a couple of years ago, Mts).

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,18:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,18:18)]like many id prefer to see the bricks and morter before i start gearing up for the new stadium.
So would we all, FM. Even us misguided supporters (according to Wiggy) living abroad. But nothing can happen until the planning application is submitted and approved, tender for contracts announced, material procurement achieved, etc, etc. No matter how much we hate it, we have to wait and see. Attacking the club for not doing anything when they have already said that application won't be submitted until later this year achieves nothing. Give it two or three more months and then we can start stamping our feet and shouting ...

WS
Im not complaining JS, Im not impressed by how it was handled in 2000 but at the moment its just the waiting game.

I do have a question, if the council pass the planning application, strictly speaking is the club free to build. Obviously there needs to be time to work out contractors and paperwork but in thoery once the application is passed can the club build on the land.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,18:39)]I do have a question, if the council pass the planning application, strictly speaking is the club free to build. Obviously there needs to be time to work out contractors and paperwork but in thoery once the application is passed can the club build on the land.
Not necessarily. It could be passed by the Council but then called in by the Secretary of State for further inquiry - and we all know how long it took for the B&Q application to (eventually) get the green light - so there's a possibility that the SoS might reverse the decision of the local council (as absurd as that might sound) ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,19:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,18:39)]I do have a question, if the council pass the planning application, strictly speaking is the club free to build. Obviously there needs to be time to work out contractors and paperwork but in thoery once the application is passed can the club build on the land.
Not necessarily. It could be passed by the Council but then called in by the Secretary of State for further inquiry - and we all know how long it took for the B&Q application to (eventually) get the green light - so there's a possibility that the SoS might reverse the decision of the local council (as absurd as that might sound) ...

WS
But say the council gave the approval and JP doesn't call it in. The club can theorically build on the land ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,19:10)]But say the council gave the approval and JP doesn't call it in. The club can theorically build on the land ?
I assume so ...

WS

Back