• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bernie

Doubt it. I reckon there's at least two years of tender, procurement and construction and that's ONLY once the planning application has been approved, etc. which could take months. Summer 2007 might be optimistic ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,19:22)]Doubt it. I reckon there's at least two years of tender, procurement and construction and that's ONLY once the planning application has been approved, etc. which could take months. Summer 2007 might be optimistic ...

WS
Its a 12 month build time isnt it ?

Didn't someone say they home to get a answer back from the council by December so we should be all clear if all goes to plan in January, the club can then find a contractor so say 3 months. plus 2 months paperwork and finalising. and start work Summer of 2005. ready for the 2006/2007 season/

16 month build time. As Mike said, we'll be lucky to be in there by the start of the 2007/08 season IMO ...

Kev

Well f**k ME

With 100+ replies I was looking forward to catching up on a decent debate

I've just had to read through 13 pages of absolute dross.

Dear Moderators. Any chance of adding a new icon to the list or something which changes the headline font into a pretty little colour if the MF/JS/MTS roadshow is contained within.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 04 2004,19:26)]Didn't someone say they home to get a answer back from the council by December so we should be all clear if all goes to plan in January, the club can then find a contractor so say 3 months. plus 2 months paperwork and finalising. and start work Summer of 2005. ready for the 2006/2007 season/
Nope. Apparently it can take a year or so to tender out the project and to procure the necessary materials, etc.

WS

Im surprised its 16 months, i thought most new stadiums were 12. Thing is you say it can take a year, but surely it won't ?

Plus Delencey will want this done asap so they can get a return on there ever lasting investment.

It might. It might not. I don't know. You don't know.

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,18:29)]]
Indeed. I think a lot of people got carried away when the B&Q application was approved by Prescott. Although in theory it re-opened the door for a new stadium on FF, in reality we are no nearer to it.

WS
Mike , I was told by a leading councillor immediately after the planning meeting originally passed the B & Q plans "You will now get your stadium" . I think this may have influenced people's hopes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ June 05 2004,10:46)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 04 2004,18:29)]]
Indeed. I think a lot of people got carried away when the B&Q application was approved by Prescott. Although in theory it re-opened the door for a new stadium on FF, in reality we are no nearer to it.    

WS
Mike , I was told by a leading councillor immediately after the planning meeting originally passed the B & Q plans "You will now get your stadium" . I think this may have influenced people's hopes.
The council have said they want to help the club relocate publicly in the echo.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ June 05 2004,11:07)]Luke, don't believe everything you read in the papers.
Oh i don't intend to, however there would be a uproar if they didn't. I believe one of Labours local election pledges is do all they can to ensure Southend move to FF.

To be fair the noices from the council are they are in favour of it.

From a personal POV i can't see them saying no to the stadium, they have passed B&Q and the stadium would be a asset to the town. And the revenue the club brings in the local town. Eateries, Hotels, seafront.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 05 2004,11:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mcnasty @ June 05 2004,11:07)]Luke, don't believe everything you read in the papers.
Oh i don't intend to, however there would be a uproar if they didn't. I believe one of Labours local election pledges is do all they can to ensure Southend move to FF.

From a personal POV i can't see them saying no to the stadium, they have passed B&Q and the stadium would be a asset to the town. And the revenue the club brings in the local town. Eateries, Hotels, seafront.
Uproar?! From who? Less than 2% of the population of Southend-on-Sea regularly attends Roots Hall to watch their local club. I can hardly see mass rallies in the High Street if the proposal was turned down.

BTW If a new stadium was such an asset to the town, how come the Council didn't allow us to build one at Suttons Road back in the late 80s?!

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ June 05 2004,12:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 05 2004,11:11)]
[b said:

Uproar?! From who? Less than 2% of the population of Southend-on-Sea regularly attends Roots Hall to watch their local club. I can hardly see mass rallies in the High Street if the proposal was turned down.

BTW If a new stadium was such an asset to the town, how come the Council didn't allow us to build one at Suttons Road back in the late 80s?!

WS

tounge.gif
blues.gif

The Echo, fans and general football fans would all be in favour of a new stadium im sure.

Back