• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
The best way to celebrate a legend is the reminisce...

I'll start with my favourite - his 2 goals at Notts County in 2004, his fourth and fifth goal in five games.

Yeah, mentioned mine on the other thread...

My favourite AB moments include that goal at Southampton, just after his first child had been born in May 2007 - the "Alan Ball" game when we were "clapped" out of town, and the goal at home to Chelsea in the FA Cup replay match in January 2009 - both 4-1 losses, but both his goals were scored to have us 1-0 up.

[video=youtube;BllXkn-cnnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BllXkn-cnnY[/video]

So many memories ,but the penalty and reaction at Wembley must be the way to end any football career

Two Colchester moments for me

The famous , oops Ive kicked the sand in the away loss

And the last headed goal against them , ......quality !!!

Thanks for the memories Alan , the man hug after Bristol City on the pitch at the Hall,

And the second man hug after the play off win

You've made an old man very happy so many times .... Legend beyond all reasoning

Has to be Northampton away 2005. It was arguably the game that turned us into genuine promotion contenders. 1-0 down and playing poorly, two second half headers from corners, one in the last minute, turned the game on its head.

Honorable mentions for the Colchester goal last year when he slayed the demons of the sandpit in a game that should never have been played, and also his penalty at Wembley.

The best way to celebrate a legend is the reminisce...

I'll start with my favourite - his 2 goals at Notts County in 2004, his fourth and fifth goal in five games.

Same for me. Watched a good chunk of the 2004/05 DVD last night and that game was the first one I sought out. Fantastic.

Second place goes to the penalty at Wembley. Thunder*******.

A couple spring to mind, the goal away to Southampton, think it put us 1 up and then lost 4-1, but the goal that summed the man up was his penalty and reaction after the penalty at Wembley

Two Colchester moments for me

The famous , oops Ive kicked the sand in the away loss

And the last headed goal against them , ......quality !!!

Thanks for the memories Alan , the man hug after Bristol City on the pitch at the Hall,

And the second man hug after the play off win

You've made an old man very happy so many times .... Legend beyond all reasoning

I remember that game well it was on Sky, pitch was a shambles, I've only just forgiven Wordsworth for scoring twice against us!

Lucky Footballing Karma decided that he should score in his final Essex derby in a 3-0 win :smile:

For me a couple of moments - one having that silly wig on on our promotion to the Championship - his penalty in the shootout the other year - it was tense and a great penalty.

Finally - last season in our 2-0 away win at Barnsley - flinging himself in front of a shot at goal and surving the resulting penalty appeal from the Barnsley lot! he was just so prepared to put his body on the line for the Blues and thats all I ask for!

Having it out with a Col Ewe "fan" who threw the ball at him when we beat them 1-0 at their place, then subsequently celebrating our victory in front of him with a few other players.

Having it out with a Col Ewe "fan" who threw the ball at him when we beat them 1-0 at their place, then subsequently celebrating our victory in front of him with a few other players.

Ooh yes, I'd forgotten about that.

That penalty. It was a genuine fan taking a crucial kick in a hugely important game at Wembley. He was never going to miss. It was his moment and I thought significant in it's message - we are going to win!

So many but for me it has to be the game against the scum last season at home. Adam got the 2nd or 3rd cant remember now and ran the length of the field to celebrate with the fans in the West. Then at the final whistle he ran over clenched fists to us, he knew how much that win meant and there was only one team in Essex.

All of the above, but how's about Macclesfield at home in August 2004, when he really announced himself to the Roots Hall faithful? We hadn't won all season and were bottom of League Two, and Bart Griemink's howler had gifted Macclesfield a 1-0 lead at half time. Barrett then scores two goals from corners to win the match and start our irresistable rise up to promotion that season.

And it certainly improved my mood as I was on my tod in the south lower that day!

That penalty. It was a genuine fan taking a crucial kick in a hugely important game at Wembley. He was never going to miss. It was his moment and I thought significant in it's message - we are going to win!

Have to agree with this - and what a penalty it was, anyone in world football would have been proud of that one!
With the reaction to go with it - great memories.

Chelsea home. (What a weird night that was with the fog)

Wembley.

His form during our League 2 promotion was vital en route to Wembley.

All great moments mentioned already

But for me its what typified Adam, simply in every game he played there would always be at least one moment where he fearlessly flung himself in the way of a goal bound shot to block it out. Commitment to the cause was always without exception Adam's approach.

That stuck in my mind too,and I was talking about it after the end of the Millwall game and Ferdinand

The best and the worst all rolled into one...that penalty.
I was petrified...this legend...this local man...pivotal in promotions now stepping up to take a penalty in a shoot out for his third promotion with us. I didn't watch it at wembley I couldn't...I just buried my face into my sons chest....boom.
Also the Chelsea goal....

Back