• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best and worst lockdown purchases.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Best - Norwegian lambs wool slippers. Fray Bentos products.

Worst - Cross trainer which won't be delivered until 7th May (although obviously I accept understand why). If I carry on eating like this I will only be able to do water borne exercise.

Last edited:
Best - Norwegian lambs wool slippers. Fray Bentos products.

Worst - Cross trainer which won't be delivered until 7th May (although obviously I accept understand why). If I carry on eating like this I will only be able to do water borne exercise.
We have a cross trainer, replaced the treadmill.
I wanted a concept2 rower but the boss (Mrs G) had the final say.
It is a good quality, John Lewis x trainer BUT it is hard to get motivated for 30 minutes on it.

Not so long ago I had a Fray Bentos puff pastry pie, in a tin, and it was okay to good, I will add that to my shopping list.

Worst: Turbo trainer. The wife bought it so that she can use her bike in the garden and not waste her hour outdoors. But, she's still only 4.5 weeks post surgery and has told me she won't be using it for about another 3-4 weeks so not to bother setting it up. What a waste of money.

Best: Turbo trainer. I've set it up and am about to use it myself. I've also found some turbo trainer workouts on YouTube which I'll be making use of.

Worst: Turbo trainer. The wife bought it so that she can use her bike in the garden and not waste her hour outdoors. But, she's still only 4.5 weeks post surgery and has told me she won't be using it for about another 3-4 weeks so not to bother setting it up. What a waste of money.

Best: Turbo trainer. I've set it up and am about to use it myself. I've also found some turbo trainer workouts on YouTube which I'll be making use of.

Have you got turbo trainer tyres?

They can knacker normal tyres.

Have you got turbo trainer tyres?

They can knacker normal tyres.

No, but it did say to ensure the tyres are fully inflated to their max level, which they are.

If that is the case, though, would I be better off using the gears on the bike for resistance rather than the resistance on the trainer itself?

No, but it did say to ensure the tyres are fully inflated to their max level, which they are.

If that is the case, though, would I be better off using the gears on the bike for resistance rather than the resistance on the trainer itself?
You need to get a trainer tyre...whilst it will work it will shred your road tyre in no time at all due to the heat generated from the turbo

We have a cross trainer, replaced the treadmill.
I wanted a concept2 rower but the boss (Mrs G) had the final say.
It is a good quality, John Lewis x trainer BUT it is hard to get motivated for 30 minutes on it.

Not so long ago I had a Fray Bentos puff pastry pie, in a tin, and it was okay to good, I will add that to my shopping list.
I got one a couple of weeks ago as my work bonus came just at the right time and we knew a lockdown was imminent. It's really good

We also timed getting a Nintendo Switch before they sold out for the kids

Not really regretted anything, although we bought some clothes and bits for our Florida holiday that we've had to cancel.

Best - My Dad got two bottles of whiskey in his shopping order when he'd only ordered and paid for one!

Worst - Bag of potatoes from Morrisons that Kev picked up, where more than half of them had to be thrown as they were grey.

Best - My Dad got two bottles of whiskey in his shopping order when he'd only ordered and paid for one!

Worst - Bag of potatoes from Morrisons that Kev picked up, where more than half of them had to be thrown as they were grey.

Should have planted the dodgy potato's in the back garden. You never know you might have eventually got some nice fresh ones.

Does it matter that my bike is a hybrid?

London, its not the bike its the tyre. The trainer tyres are made with a much harder rubber due to the friction and heat generated by the turbo. You can get them on line or at Halfords just look for trainer tyres. Likewise you cant use the trainer tyre outdoors....

London, its not the bike its the tyre. The trainer tyres are made with a much harder rubber due to the friction and heat generated by the turbo. You can get them on line or at Halfords just look for trainer tyres. Likewise you cant use the trainer tyre outdoors....

Sorry, I should have been clearer, the tyre isn't a think race tyre, it's a lot bigger than that. I don't know if that offers a bit more protection or not...I'm not really a cyclist...

I grabbed a bag of Maris Pipers on Saturday from Tesco and they were the same. I had to thriw nearly half away. Looked fine before I started to peel them but so many were black underneath

Worst buy - Southend United Season Card 2019/20
I was saying this even before Christmas, never mind coronavirus, but I'm so thrilled they sent us that "Season Card Holder 19/20" badge with my season card.

I'll always be able to look at it and remember what kind of dream this season turned out to be.

I was saying this even before Christmas, never mind coronavirus, but I'm so thrilled they sent us that "Season Card Holder 19/20" badge with my season card.

I'll always be able to look at it and remember what kind of dream this season turned out to be.
You're probably not old enough yet, but as you reach the more mature period of your life then you must collect all your season card badges and buy an SUFC baseball cap and decorate said cap with badges. Next buy a Season Card for the East Stand and learn how to grumble regardless of results. The plus of that is that you wont have to look at THAT badge. There ya go, job done.

Sorry, I should have been clearer, the tyre isn't a think race tyre, it's a lot bigger than that. I don't know if that offers a bit more protection or not...I'm not really a cyclist...

it’s the rubber compound that’s the key it will still burn out your hybrid tyre

Back