• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best and worst lockdown purchases.

it’s the rubber compound that’s the key it will still burn out your hybrid tyre

Ok, thanks. However, that is assuming I work hard enough!

I guess I'm going to have to put up with it though. I have no idea how to fit a new tyre, especially to a back wheel!

Should have planted the dodgy potato's in the back garden. You never know you might have eventually got some nice fresh ones.

Our garden was our project for this summer, it was just nettles and dock leaves when we moved here last year, so we've dug out for grass to be laid and built sleeper beds which haven't been filled yet - otherwise I might have done so!

Get another back wheel and put a trainer tyre on that. Less faff changing them over

Sorry, I should have been clearer, the tyre isn't a think race tyre, it's a lot bigger than that. I don't know if that offers a bit more protection or not...I'm not really a cyclist...

I used a mountain bike tyre and it wrecked it.

Best - 2nd hand Nintendo Wii and a few games (£30) - My 6 year old loves it and gets us all moving around a bit.

Worst - Tickets to New York for next month (although i bought these in Jan)

If you are into retro gaming get yourself a raspberry Pi.

£34 kid and a bit of tech savvy are all you need to play thousands of classics for free.

best about 30 different beers from 3 local businesses near me in South London. Got to support them at these tough times.

Also Ruben Dias on Football Manager. A beast at the back. Marco Asensio was not my first choice left wing but he's done pretty well

As a lot of you keep talking about beers, did anyone ever try one of those brew your own kits? They were popular in the mid 70s. I tried it as a youth, but stupidly didn't follow instructions to a tee(I learnt a valuable life lesson with that), so mine came out tasting awful. It would be a good thing to try during lockdown.
Apparently.....
How Easy?
Its very easy to make beer, it takes approx 7-10 days to ferment the beer

Once fermented you need to store the beer to condition which will takes approx 3-4 weeks.

You ferment the beer at room temperature anything from 16-21oC will be fine best not in a airing cupboard.

Once the beer is made it will keep for 6 months - 1 year as long as the beer has conditioned in the bottle.

Last edited:
Just dropped nearly £300 on an Xbox and the new modern warfare with head set (online)

Im on 12 week lockdown so I thought it would keep me busy until then. I'll probably flog after.

Best: Rechargeable hair clippers. Wish I'd bought 'em years ago. And happy to know I won't be ending up looking like Cousin Itt.

Worst: As mentioned earlier, spuds. Just about every bag we've opened have been battered and bruised with about 40% wasted.

Best: Fence Paint

Worst: Fence Paint

Been there Ricey. Maybe a similar problem to you, maybe not? Please tell. I once had a long tall awkward fence to paint in a big garden. One of those jobs you offer to do for someone, and wish you hadn't. It was taking forever because of size and complete coverage, especially those awkward bits. It was going to take days rather than a day I thought. I ended up borrowing my mates electric paint sprayer that cost him about 25 quid. It was brilliant and so much easier and quicker. It was a bit like this one, but not the same make.
04376830c228abd14c3fe9cd6c816b8d.image.398x398.jpg

Been there Ricey. Maybe a similar problem to you, maybe not? Please tell. I once had a long tall awkward fence to paint in a big garden. One of those jobs you offer to do for someone, and wish you hadn't. It was taking forever because of size and complete coverage, especially those awkward bits. It was going to take days rather than a day I thought. I ended up borrowing my mates electric paint sprayer that cost him about 25 quid. It was brilliant and so much easier and quicker. It was a bit like this one, but not the same make.

I wish I had one of those. That would’ve made it a hell of a lot easier. I have a lot of plants by some of my fences and that’s where my issue has been. I have two panels left to put the first coat on. The wife has also now decided she likes the colour and thinks our summer house should go that colour too! What makes it worse is the summer house is a dark red and we are going slate grey which means plenty of coats ?

Garden paint sprayers are great- when they work. Has two Cuprinol electric ones, ( took first one back). They just clogged all the time or got air in them and wouldn’t work.
I would love to have one that worked!

That won't do anything for your karate

Back