• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pak Power

Manager⭐
Now we know we have a good vocal away following, and have been commended for our fans at such places as Southampton in the Championship, and Doncaster to name but two.

But who do you think have been the best/ most vocal/ funniest , or memorable opposition fans for whatever reason.

For me, I will always remember the 300 or so Bristol rovers fans who came down on a Tuesday night in our six steps south bank days, and sung the whole game even though they lost and were virtually relegated (similar to our Southampton game). That was in the eighties I think , someone will know I think it was 3-0 to us or similar.

You have to commend the 49 from Cheltenham(shire) who sung I don't care about Buckle; Buckle don't care about me;
all I care about is CTFC : very audible from the South upper, and they got their way as two days later he is gone.

anyone got any good memories of away followings to Roots Hall?

I remember, I think it was Macclesfield, fans...sum total of about 12 of them, who were sat in the East Blues rather than open the North Bank. They took the banter in very good part!

In the mid 90s I remember WBA going crazy with the whole 'boing boing, Baggies Baggies' thing. One of them took it too far and jumped over the metal caged fences. I think he got badly hurt.

This season I thought Pompey were a class act. Plenty of numbers, plenty of noise & clapped us as they left 2 minutes from the end knowing they we're beat. I think they are quite a humble bunch after all they've been through....

This season I thought Pompey were a class act. Plenty of numbers, plenty of noise & clapped us as they left 2 minutes from the end knowing they we're beat. I think they are quite a humble bunch after all they've been through....

You would'nt have said that, if you were at our home game with them in 1980 (i think) when we won 2-0!.

The memorable "fog" game against Sunderland at The Hall in 96-97ish(?) they won 2-0 IIRC and sang "Peter Reid's red & white army" incessantly. Great away turnout on a Tuesday night.

Think it was the Pompey fans who sang that they had f****d it up as they went thru the divisions they had been relegated from. Very funny

What about the Millwall fans that came to Roots Hall in the Cup last season. They were as good as gold, never made a sound, caused no trouble and walked out of the ground in single file from half time onwards!

I remember Southends first home game in Aug 1970 when four guys came down from Southport on a Saturday night for the game , the Evening Echo did a feature on them the following week .

I remember, I think it was Macclesfield, fans...sum total of about 12 of them, who were sat in the East Blues rather than open the North Bank. They took the banter in very good part!

If you talking about the FA cup replay, there were 34 and I was sat next to them!

The memorable "fog" game against Sunderland at The Hall in 96-97ish(?) they won 2-0 IIRC and sang "Peter Reid's red & white army" incessantly. Great away turnout on a Tuesday night.

Yep, and they only realised they had scored when the teams lined up for a restart. We amused ourselves in the West Stand that night by cheering and bouncing up and down at odd intervals to kid them they had conceded/gone behind. I suppose for me it would be have to be Wolves in that promotion battle in 87 (?) when Lingy notched the winner. They were 'orrible pests that evening but an impressive turn out nonetheless.

Back