• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Batman?

Best Batman?

• Adam West

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Michael Keaton

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Val Kilmer

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • George Clooney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Christian Bale

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Hhhmmm, another puzzler...

So who played the Batman role the best?

Personally i think Michael Keaton

Although everybody raves about The Dark Knight and of course without doubt Heath Ledger played a fantastic role....for me Batman Begins was a far better film and for that reason it has to be Christian Bale for me.

Although everybody raves about The Dark Knight and of course without doubt Heath Ledger played a fantastic role....for me Batman Begins was a far better film and for that reason it has to be Christian Bale for me.

What he said

Can't go far wrong with the original, and I thought Michael Keaton was pretty good too before it went all dark and dangerous.

The Adam West Batman was an affront to humanity and Bob Kane who created him.

The Val Kilmer & George Clooney versions where just updates of the above and are some of the worst films in cinematic history.

Michael Keaton's hasn't aged well at all after watching bits of it last night.

Christian Bale - Batman Begins was brilliant, but the second one wasn't a patch on it, despite how great Heath Ledger was.

It has to be Adam West as the original TV show was very watchable though rather camp.

In the films, batman is rather wooden and seems to take second billing to the villian. Of the films, I'd say only Batman Begins has really any artistic merit.

I have a theory (and it is only that) that the relationship between Batman and Robin in the 'Batman' series in the '60s was a take on the Kennedy brothers - John & Bobby. Bobby used to punch his left fist into his right palm when he got excited - a move which the Robin character (Burt Gray) did all the time. Adam West's Batman was the relatively calm, considered character - much as JFK was to his hot-headed brother. Having said that, I can't see Robin handling the Cuban Missile Crisis the way RFK did...

I have a theory (and it is only that) that the relationship between Batman and Robin in the 'Batman' series in the '60s was a take on the Kennedy brothers - John & Bobby. Bobby used to punch his left fist into his right palm when he got excited - a move which the Robin character (Burt Gray) did all the time. Adam West's Batman was the relatively calm, considered character - much as JFK was to his hot-headed brother. Having said that, I can't see Robin handling the Cuban Missile Crisis the way RFK did...

Not Burt Ward? Robin's real name was Dick Grayson. Have you got you're wires crossed? :)

Not Burt Ward? Robin's real name was Dick Grayson. Have you got you're wires crossed? :)

NERD ALERT!

There were actually three Robins, possibly four if you count the girl from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns.

Last edited:
You are all overlooking the best Batman of all time you bunch of PLONKERS!!!

F_200702_February06T_14737a.jpg

Back