• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best British Gangster Film

DTS

The Business
What do you reckon. My personal favourite is "The Business". Not sure it really classed as a British film as its set on Costa Del Sol but its all British Actors and a British Dirctor.

Loads of other classisc but love the Retro-ness of the business.
laugh.gif

Performance is good to watch whilst stoned

best line, Fox to Jagger - "comical little geezer, you'll look funny when you're 50" - how very Mystic Meg
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Aug. 04 2006,16:15)]Performance is good to watch whilst stoned

best line, Fox to Jagger - "comical little geezer, you'll look funny when you're 50" - how very Mystic Meg  
biggrin.gif
I sincerely hope that you are not advocating the use of illegal substances ! A man of your impotence.

1. The Godfather Trilogy
2. Goodfellas
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Once Upon A Time In America
5. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

The Business? Awful, disjointed film that looks as if it has been made by a child with limited imagination ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Aug. 04 2006,15:59)]Sorry Tony the Kray, please do not upset my kneecaps.
wow.gif

Oo.gif
Someone hand me a baseball bat!
ghostface.gif
ghostface.gif
ghostface.gif

My personal fav is "if the milk turns out to be sour, i aint the kind of pussy to drink it, do'ya know what i mean?"

LOCK STOCK, with my old foe Lenny McLean in!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Aug. 04 2006,15:40)]What do you reckon. My personal favourite is "The Business". Not sure it really classed as a British film as its set on Costa Del Sol but its all British Actors and a British Dirctor.

Loads of other classisc but love the Retro-ness of the business.  
laugh.gif
I thought the business was a quality film too!

Danny Dyer was good in it, and that bad mother F****R also is just well ard!

I know what you mean about the retro feel to it, its superb!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 05 2006,08:05)]1. The Godfather Trilogy
2. Goodfellas
3. Reservoir Dogs
Errr, only one of those is British
tounge.gif

The Business was only good for comical value...

Lock Stock and Snatch were both good... Just a shame His latest effort, Revolver, was absolute W*nk. It was all over the place...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 05 2006,09:56)]
[b said:
2. Goodfellas
3. Reservoir Dogs
tounge.gif
Nope. I checked. There's British involvement in ALL of them so big nerrrrrr to you!!

tounge.gif

Love Honour & Obey (amazing film)
Sexy Beast
Snatch
Long Good Friday
Get Carter
Face
The Business

Lock Stock for me

Classic lines

Ed ''and there armed''

soap ''armed! armed with what?''

Ed ''er bad breath, colourful language, feather duster what do think they'll be with armed? guns you tit

Great film because it was much off the cuff

and a character called Plank as well

I feel like digging the film out of the collection and giving it a viewing this evening

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Aug. 05 2006,08:56)]
[b said:
2. Goodfellas
3. Reservoir Dogs
tounge.gif
And the only British film in this list is pony.

Back