• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Best club phyiso

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Reading a thread about Buster Footman in the ex-players section got me pondering who is the best of the physios we have had. I doubt any of you have had treatment from them so please try to wildly specualte who was the best.

For me it must be

John ' You all right lad ' Lattimer.

As well as Physiotherapy served SUFC so well many capacities over a number of years.

I saw him personally on a number of occasions for various injuries and although some times painful he sorted me out and even got me fit to run in Southend Marathon when my GP said it was not advisable. Scouted for Liverpool as well at one stage so had loads of tales to tell and a visit to him was always interesting.

RIP

For me it must be

John ' You all right lad ' Lattimer.

As well as Physiotherapy served SUFC so well many capacities over a number of years.

I saw him personally on a number of occasions for various injuries and although some times painful he sorted me out and even got me fit to run in Southend Marathon when my GP said it was not advisable. Scouted for Liverpool as well at one stage so had loads of tales to tell and a visit to him was always interesting.

RIP

Expected to see Latimer's name up there myself - it'd be him for me.

John Stannard must be good if he got Freedman and Barnard "fit" enough to play.

J Gowens MBHS (Member Burke & Hare Society)

I believe John Gowens "relieved" (let's say) a number of our players of body parts which were presumably then off sold on the black market.

How many players can you remember who were quoted either on the website or in the programme/Echo by Johnny "(the real) Healing Hands" Gowens as being out for a week/or two/even a month & were never seen again?

Precisely! You won't recall them as Gowens kept them imprisoned at Boots & Laces (or Bits & Limbs as it was known at the time) until the memory of them completely faded.

One of the very few to have remained in the vaguest of memories is Julian "Jinky" Hails. Off with a broken toe nail for a few minutes of a game, out for a week according to JG, never seen again but parts of him rumoured to have been last spotted rotating on a kebab spit somewhere in Leicester (that'll teach him for scoring a hat-trick!).

Missing. Have you seen this man?

Strange but true (allegedly). :sherlock:

Last edited:
Back