• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Comedy series of the 00s

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Office, South Park, Peep Show and Inbetweeners for me, and a special mention to Mock The Week.

I haven't watched any comedy since the day we got relegated from the championship in 2007. How other Southend fans think we have anything to laugh about I'll never know- I guess you just don't take it as seriously as me. In fact I have refused to smile, let alone laugh, until we are back in the second-flight where we belong.

No Lead Balloon mentioned anywhere? Definitely made me think Jack Dee was funny again.

I went for Phoenix Nights purely as it falls into that category of comedies you can watch again & again, although honourable mentions for The IT Crowd, Black Books & The Thick Of It for me.

No Lead Balloon mentioned anywhere? Definitely made me think Jack Dee was funny again.

I went for Phoenix Nights purely as it falls into that category of comedies you can watch again & again, although honourable mentions for The IT Crowd, Black Books & The Thick Of It for me.

I quite liked Lead Balloon at the time but I think it's basically been disregarded as a BBC rip off of CYEnthusiasm and lost most of it's credibility alas.

Oops, voted for far too many. Was a bit hasty!

THE comedy series of the 00's was without a shadow of a doubt The Office with CYE a very close second behind it. My other vote goes to Arrested Development: Absolute genius and absolutely criminal the stoopid Yank network axed it.

Father Ted was one of THE shows of the 90's however unbelievers!

Have gone for Thick Of It, Phoenix Nights and South Park.

Three very different, but all brilliantly funny shows. That's quite a strong list when the likes of Peep Show and the Office don't make my top 3. I think Monkey Dust would have had it been one of options.

I'd also like to give honourable mentions to People Like Us and Early Doors for their subtle brilliance.

R is amongst the most menacing of sounds in the English language. That's why they call it Murder, and not Muckduck.

Got to agree with MK and give a mention for Spaced!
From that list I'd go with either The Office (UK) or Inbetweeners.

Got to agree with MK and give a mention for Spaced!
From that list I'd go with either The Office (UK) or Inbetweeners.

Yeah it was a bit harsh on Spaced, Partridge and League Of Gentlemen to exclude them but all only had one series each out this decade, and many people would argue that the first series (or in LOG's case first two series) are a bit better as a whole.

Have gone for Thick Of It, Phoenix Nights and South Park.

Three very different, but all brilliantly funny shows. That's quite a strong list when the likes of Peep Show and the Office don't make my top 3. I think Monkey Dust would have had it been one of options.

I'd also like to give honourable mentions to People Like Us and Early Doors for their subtle brilliance.

Monkey Dust & Early Doors yes!

Also Help, starring now convicted nonce Chris Langham was brilliant.

Last edited:
Monkey Dust & Early Doors yes!

Also Help, starring now convicted nonce Chris Packham was brilliant.

I'm pretty sure the Really Wild Show's Chris Packham isn't a convicted nonce.

Next you'll be saying Terry Nutkins was fiddling with the animals.

Its Langham

I'm pretty sure the Really Wild Show's Chris Packham isn't a convicted nonce.

Next you'll be saying Terry Nutkins was fiddling with the animals.

Its Langham

Brilliant!

I loved in the Thick of It Special (the second one) Tucker has a line about scurrilous rumours going round the media about politicians. And he mentions under his breath 'like those one's about Hugh'...

Top 3:

Peep Show
The Thick of It
South Park

with honourable mentions for FOTC, Black Books and Boosh.

Top 3:

Peep Show
The Thick of It
South Park

with honourable mentions for FOTC, Black Books and Boosh.

This man knows... (I went for the same 3, as you might well expect)

I'm very grateful to your American wedding for lots of reasons. Mainly the occasion, fun we had and general amount of sightseeing we did over the month, but also because Anthony convinced me to buy series 4 of South Park on DVD. Why did I give up on it after series 2 eh? It is so, so good...

Why did I give up on it after series 2 eh? It is so, so good...

It is, although not consistent enough to break the top 2 - there's always a couple of episodes in each season that don't do much for me. Hardly surprising given how quikcly they churn them out, but nonetheless.

Back