• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

21Nov 1992 Southend v Notts County , guy behind me at turn style saying , whos this that Murphy has signed from Palace someone called Collingwood .

We were in East blacks,the game was around 3 minutes in when an oaf nearby screamed "effing sort it out Tilson" ,the clown continued on and on,what a fool!

Has to be against Colchester back in 2009, was sat in the south upper and someone shouted to their keeper 'Gerken you pickled C*nt!'

Again at B&L, at MTB Day, but my mates young daughter had entered the race where children ran back and forward after Marc Laird. Not an athletic child, she was soon lagging mile and miles, and a few lengths of the pitch behind. As, once again, the other children followed Mr Laird back up the field past her, my mate shouted out in exasperation:

"For God's sake Emma! Just cheat!!!"

Has to be against Colchester back in 2009, was sat in the south upper and someone shouted to their keeper 'Gerken you pickled C*nt!'

Please say they were a West Country person, the accent makes it even more hilarious.

A season or two ago, I think it was in Sturrocks reign, we were losing at home. The "Samaritan's" ad made its first appearance on the scoreboard. Someone in the East Stand shouted " blimey, things are not that bad".

Can't remember what match it was,but the ball bounced off about three players before going out for a throw in The ref looked at the linesman(as i still like to call them) the linesman looked at the ref neither knew which way to give the throw My mate shouted out to the linesman You have'nt got a clue The linesman looked round and mouthed back to him I know.

Can't remember what game it was - Wimbledon away last year maybe - and the linesman had done very little, including not awarding us a goal when Barry Corr's shot spun off the bar and was a couple of feet over the line at least (that's if it was Wimbledon).

After yet another decision went begging, someone shouted "Blimey lino, if you're only gonna watch the game, you should have bought a ticket!"

This one comes from our very first relegation season, 1965-6. It was the old Third Division, which we'd never left in either direction, and now the writing was very much on the wall and this game was going badly. From a couple of rails ahead of me came the comment: If we play like this next year we'll walk through the Fourth Division.
Incidentally, in that season we won 15 home games.

Last edited:
Chris Shuker once shouted to me whilst taking a corner for Barnsley "sit down and **** up you fat prick"... Quite entertaining to wind someone up so much to get a reaction... 3 minutes later he was subbed off...

Late 1990s, struggling in 'real' Division 3 away at Priestfield Stadium. Pouring down and Blues fans under no cover by the old floodlight pylon and getting soaked. Relegation follows that year and at the time of the game York City looked relegation certainties with us, but I think they might have survived.
Gills fans - "down with the York, you're going down with the York"
Shrimpers - "down with the flu, we're going down with the flu"!

Back