• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Three games to go and we are joint best in terms of least goals conceded.
Now I know if we don't go up , it will count for nothing , but think it would be a nice accolade for Bentley , White , Coker , Prosser , Egan , Sokolik , Kiernan and others who have contributed if we were seen as the best.

southend and burton 38
chesterfield and York 39
scunny 40

Good luck lads

Three games to go and we are joint best in terms of least goals conceded.
Now I know if we don't go up , it will count for nothing , but think it would be a nice accolade for Bentley , White , Coker , Prosser , Egan , Sokolik , Kiernan and others who have contributed if we were seen as the best.

southend and burton 38
chesterfield and York 39
scunny 40

Good luck lads
And the centre back that played most games was.............................................?

Mark Philips!
If we don't go up and we can't sign Sokolik or Egan, and Bennett is crocked will our past POY return?

Now leading on our own.
Keep it up boys , great effort by all.

Does anyone know our record since Egan and Sokolik have played together ?

Coker convinced me once and for all that he will get my player of the year vote....consistenly consistent.
As for the two CBs I was very wary of two youngsters at the back it just seemed odd...Egan is a beast accompanied by soklilok who takes the phrase 'touch tight' to a new level.

As we head for the final game , there are now 4 teams tied on 39 goals conceded - Southend , Burton , York and Chesterfield.
Means nothing I know , but would like to see us come out on top.
York are away to Scunthorpe and Chesterfield play Fleetwood........
Good luck boys !

A good team, which we are, defend from the front. So it is not fair just to credit the back four and the keeper. Barry Corr, Freddie, and the mid-fielders have all done their bit at times to defend our goal and break up attacks. It's a team effort and all should be congratulated equally.

Its been said that a team lacking a twenty plus goal scorer in there team .Lacks the quality to get promoted .Well lets hope we prove them all wrong .

Very surprised not to see any of our defenders in the team of the year...

PFA League 2 team of the year:
Lee, Smith, Rose, Evatt, Cooper, O'Toole, Sarcevic, Roberts, Henderson, Winnall and Hogan

Thought Coker, Leonard, Bentley & Hurst might have been mentioned...

Very surprised not to see any of our defenders in the team of the year...

PFA League 2 team of the year:
Lee, Smith, Rose, Evatt, Cooper, O'Toole, Sarcevic, Roberts, Henderson, Winnall and Hogan

Thought Coker, Leonard, Bentley & Hurst might have been mentioned...

Fine with me, keep under the radar and let the team speak for itself on the pitch.

Its been said that a team lacking a twenty plus goal scorer in there team .Lacks the quality to get promoted .Well lets hope we prove them all wrong .

Funnily enough top of the table Chesterfield's top scorer only has 11 this season, the same as Corr and Hurst!

Even Rochdale's Hogan only has 17.

Funnily enough top of the table Chesterfield's top scorer only has 11 this season, the same as Corr and Hurst!

Even Rochdale's Hogan only has 17.
Someoneput up a post on here looking at the top scorer of all the promoted sides going back 5 OR 10 years recently. Ir proved without doubt that the 20 a season striker is a nice to have and not at all essential to promotion

Congratulations to the whole team for having conceded the fewest goals in L2.
In fact , apart from Wolves , the best record outside the top two tiers.

Congratulations to the whole team for having conceded the fewest goals in L2.
In fact , apart from Wolves , the best record outside the top two tiers.

And please let it continue all through the play-offs and then Wembley. Defenders get very protective/proud of a record of this sort, and rightly so. A solid defensive base gives confidence to the whole team.

Good defensive unit stretching from the back 5 right through midfield.

Had plenty of issues with the team not creating enough over the season, but you cant fault the work rate and defensive work.

White and Coker have been good all season, Prosser came on a huge amount and the two loanees have done fantastic. Then you add in the work Leonard/Atkinson and Timlin put in and we are very hard to score against, lets hope that continues !

Back