• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best Diet Plans

Slow carb mate... Always sheds what i need it to in two weeks x

Need to lose a stone myself, and never had to diet before (damn you middle age!)

Whats the slow carb diet?

Need to lose a stone myself, and never had to diet before (damn you middle age!)

If you need to lose a stone I am a huge fan like Hitman is above of LOW Carb dieting I lost 9 stone through it also its good for me being diabetic.

Jam man if you want further advice from somebody who has been there and done it then PM me mate

Does it allow Guiness and McDonalds with the odd Fish and chip takeaway?

Slimming World.
Allows you bad sins.

If you need to diet then 3 meals a day with plenty of fruit and veg and lots of water will work just fine. eating like a king in the morning, prince at lunch and porper at tea time and you will be on your way,

Good luck.

I've been doing Slimfast for a month or so until I had to go home for a week for a couple of weddings which set me back a bit. It's much easier than I thought it would be.

The missus does Weight Watchers which she really likes. I think the best tip is just to be active and make sure you do some exercise, which has lots of other benefits (fitness, lower stress, better feeling of wellbeing) other than just weight loss. Go for a jog or cycle once or twice a week.

I try to do the leangains style of intermittant fasting (but with the recent amount of birthday parties I've had to go to has thrown this out the window), which is only eating within an 8 hour window (I chose 1pm-9pm).
I've lost 1.5 stone when I started in April but stopped the exercise I was also doing in July, and lost another half stone since to 13 stone 7.

I was doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), it kills and burns so many calories. I had to eat about 3000 calories on a training day and still lost the weight.

Last edited:
Exercise more and eat fewer calories than you burn.

This is the best advice & it's what I did.

I'm not saying that diet plans don't work, but weight loss really is a simple equation, eat less calories than you need.

I lost 3 1/2 stone this way, although some has gone back on but that's my own fault, & I intend to get a exercise regime back on & watch my intake again. The key to it all though is motivation & discipline, without that you wont succeed.

How slow and how much Carbs is allowed?

It is similar to Atkins, but you are allowed slow metabolising carbs. So for example, vegetables, but not fruit.

There are some simple rules - mainly, don't eat any carbohydrate that could (not is) be white - such as bread, potatoes, pasta.

Have a protein filled breakfast (I did two scoop protein shakes, pure whey so about 45g protein)

Try to have legumes with every meal (you'll eat a lot of kidney beans)

Cheat day every week (this shocks your body - eat as much crap as you can). During the week list any foods you crave, and you can have it on Saturday :-)

No alcohol, except a glass of red wine in the evening.

Read 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss for more info

It is similar to Atkins, but you are allowed slow metabolising carbs. So for example, vegetables, but not fruit.

There are some simple rules - mainly, don't eat any carbohydrate that could (not is) be white - such as bread, potatoes, pasta.

Have a protein filled breakfast (I did two scoop protein shakes, pure whey so about 45g protein)

Try to have legumes with every meal (you'll eat a lot of kidney beans)

Cheat day every week (this shocks your body - eat as much crap as you can). During the week list any foods you crave, and you can have it on Saturday :-)

No alcohol, except a glass of red wine in the evening.Read 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferriss for more info

Red wine??? That will look great in The Spread pre or post game. :hilarious::nope:

Back