• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best fictional postman

Best fictional postman

• Total voters

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
No jokes about The General please...

Early nominations are

Postman Pat

pat_and_jess_2.jpg

Postman Plod (The Miserable Sod)

postman-plod.jpg

Cliff Clavin

Cliff_Clavin_in_Cheers.jpg

Newman

_1392821984.jpg

Newman.

When you control the mail you control........... Information.

I love his business card that simply says "Newman".

JERRY: Hey, I've been trying to jam stuff in the box, like you told me, but sometimes it says, like, "Photographs - Do not bend".

NEWMAN: "Do not bend". (Laughs evilly) Just crease, crumple, cram.. you'll do fine. (Phone rings. Newman answers it) Hello?.. This is he. I don't understand.. very well. (Hangs up in disappointment)

JERRY: What?

NEWMAN: That was the Vice President of the post office. I didn't get the transfer.. They knew it wasn't me doing my route!

JERRY: How did they know?!

NEWMAN: (Stands up) Too many people go their mail! Close to 80%. No body from the post office has ever cracked the 50% barrier! It's like the 3-minute mile!

JERRY: (Pleading) I tried my best!

NEWMAN: Exactly. You're a disgrace to the uniform. (Newman takes off Jerry's mailman hat. Jerry turns his head in shame. Newman then tears the post office badge from Jerry's coat)

JERRY: You know, this is your coat.

NEWMAN: (Realizing) Damn!

If we are changing the poll starters then this one (Mrs RHB insisted I include this)

While Postman Plod (the miserable sod) gets my vote you have to read Charles Bukowski for the full sick bucket low-life desperado. Depressing but oddly life-affirming.

Back