• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best FILM Actors

Favourite Film actor

• Total voters
I doubt there isn't a single actor that HASN'T made a howler or two in their career....

How about John Cazale?

The conversation.
The Godfather
The Godfather part II
Dog day afternoon.
The deer hunter.

Every film he appeared in received an academy award nomination for best picture.

IMO it's gotta be Al Pacino star of two of my favourite films:-

Scarface
Carlito's Way

Although Morgan Freeman is up there with the best as well, Shawshank Redemption is a fantastic film.

How about John Cazale?

The conversation.
The Godfather
The Godfather part II
Dog day afternoon.
The deer hunter.

Every film he appeared in received an academy award nomination for best picture.

He only made 5 films and was hardly the lead, so not really...

I would like to have seen these 2 on the list.......

Christopher Walken
Anthony Hopkins

I see another glaring omission. I have added the name of the big screen's greatest legend to the poll.

I'm sure he's not in the same league as De Niro, Pacino and Nicholson, and he doesn't have the same mileage under his belt, but I'm generally impressed by Matt Damon. Like the others, he's been in the odd bad film, but I think he's an excellent actor.

The Bourne series
Ocean's Eleven
Syriana
Finding Forrester
The Talented Mr Ripley
Good Will Hunting
Saving Private Ryan

That list is far to Yank-centric for me - no Christopher Lee, Tom Courtenay, Dirk Bogarde, Alec Guinness, Donald Pleasence. From the options, my personal fave is Bill Murray, would like to have seen Donald Sutherland on there too though.

Daniel Day Lewis?

I suppose I'd better back up my vote with some evidence to get him on 'the list'...

What with his stage thesping and the tremendous lengths he goes to to get in character, my man doesn't do that many films - but the ones that he does are normally pretty damn good, and if thery're not then he's by far the best thing about them:

• The Ballad of Jack and Rose
  • Gangs of New York
  • The Boxer
  • The Crucible
  • In the Name of the Father
  • The Age of Innocence
  • The Last of the Mohicans
  • My Left Foot
  • The Unbearable Lightness of Being
  • A Room with a View
  • My Beautiful Laundrette
  • The Bounty
  • Gandhi

He was also first choice for a number of roles which he turned down - as Aragorn in Lord of the Rings, as Tom Hanks character in Philadelphia, the lead role in Solaris which George Clooney eventually took, and the part of Jesus in the Passion of the Christ...

I'm sure he's not in the same league as De Niro, Pacino and Nicholson, and he doesn't have the same mileage under his belt, but I'm generally impressed by Matt Damon. Like the others, he's been in the odd bad film, but I think he's an excellent actor.

The Bourne series
Ocean's Eleven
Syriana
Finding Forrester
The Talented Mr Ripley
Good Will Hunting
Saving Private Ryan

I thought Matt Damon's best film was Team America.

Burt Reynolds.

Cannonball Run 1 & 2.

Smokey and the Bandit 1 & 2 (although Big and Little Enos Burdette did steal the show)

Stroker Ace.

• The Ballad of Jack and Rose - Never seen it. Probably toss.
  • Gangs of New York - Huge amounts of overacting toss
  • The Boxer - Oirish I'm a boxer toss.
  • The Crucible - Winona Rider Toss.
  • In the Name of the Father - Oirish they weren't terrorists at all! Toss.
  • The Age of Innocence - Stupid title film name. TOSS!
  • The Last of the Mohicans - Red Indi (sorry) Native American. Toss.
  • My Left Foot - Crippled Toss.
  • The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Naked arty bolleaux toss.
  • A Room with a View - Posh toss.
  • My Beautiful Laundrette - Gay toss.
  • The Bounty - Shipbased non chocolate toss
  • Gandhi - Indian bloke in a nappy toss.

Thankyou for tuning into Film 2007 with Mk Shrimper.

Back