• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best film soundtrack.

Are we talking soundtracks with new music on or just a load of old tracks cobbled together on an album?

Judgement Night had an excellent soundtrack featuring a set of crossovers between rap and metal. The film did nothing (Emilio Estevez being chased around by Dennis Leary having witnessed a murder) but the album is still a regular on my iPod and most of the artists were pretty big in their time.

200px-Judgment_Night.jpg

The format was repeated with a twist for Spawn, metal again but this time fused with techno and it worked just as well.

Spawnsoundtrackcover.jpg

Would highly recommend both to anyone who likes the genres.

IIRC The Beach had a pretty good original soundtrack as well (better than the film anyway!).

In terms of compilations of existing music, The Matrix soundtrack was excellent.

Judgement Night had an excellent soundtrack featuring a set of crossovers between rap and metal. The film did nothing (Emilio Estevez being chased around by Dennis Leary having witnessed a murder) but the album is still a regular on my iPod and most of the artists were pretty big in their time.

200px-Judgment_Night.jpg

An excellent album and one I brought without ever seeing the film, after being hooked on the Rap/Metal crossover after the Anthrax/Public Enemy offerings. I am sure these two events had a big influence on the formation of the Nu Metal scene, which unfortunately got sucked up it's own arse.

Probably be ribbed about this but I have always enjoyed the Pulp Fiction soundtrack for bringing together tracks I would probably not have listened to before the film.

Amazed no one mentioned Tarantino's film soundtracks. He dug out some absolute gems on Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction.

Also in a 1980's mode, I played The Lost Boys soundtrack to death when I was growing up.

For a bit of South African rap where you can't understand a single word, try Tsotsi.

Back