• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best fried breakfast in the region.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Leave your reviews.

The Labworth, Canvey Island.

One egg, one slice of bacon, two hash browns, mushrooms, sausage, toast and tea.

£7.50.

I don't mind paying £7.50 for a breakfast, especially for a venue with a great view like the Labworth but I object to deep fried mushrooms and cheap deep fried sausage. The view is good however and I really enjoyed watching two oriental babies getting baptised in the Thames. The poor kids got a complete dunking, these people don't mess about.

Sue's cafe opposite the Monaco does a much better breakfast for a fraction of the price.

Leave your reviews.

The Labworth, Canvey Island.

One egg, one slice of bacon, two hash browns, mushrooms, sausage, toast and tea.

£7.50.

I don't mind paying £7.50 for a breakfast, especially for a venue with a great view like the Labworth but I object to deep fried mushrooms and cheap deep fried sausage. The view is good however and I really enjoyed watching two oriental babies getting baptised in the Thames. The poor kids got a complete dunking, these people don't mess about.

Sue's cafe opposite the Monaco does a much better breakfast for a fraction of the price.

As it's best fried Breakfasts, shouldn't you be reviewing Sue's cafe not The Labworth?

Opposite last post in southend town centre, family run cafe, can't think of name but full English is the best and you get hot coffee all for less than a £5 bargin:thumbsup:

Estuary at the Arches, or Stop the World in Leigh.
Stop the World is good but one of the most pretentious places I know! Most of the Arches cafes do good breakfasts. Sands on the seafront is also good as is Cafe Max on Benfleet High Road. Whatever you do, don't go to Debenhams though - awful and largely cold.

Who's Toby?
As I said "Toby DO" rather than "Toby DOES", I think you probably know I'm talking about the place you normally go to for a carvery :raspberry: Also a no-no is Harvester, never been myself but several people I know have, and to different ones, and the consensus is always that it was poor.

I didn't eat there though.

In the reviewing game honesty and integrity is everything.

I have eaten there in the past.

So you do eat there?

This started off as a really good thread but your reputation now lies in shatters and I no longer know whether to trust your reviews or not.

I'm not even sure there was an Asian baptisms happening now. Im even questioning whether this place 'Canvey' even exists.

:smile:

The Beach Hut along Chalkwell Esplanade. Petit Petanque by the Southend Conservation Area. Both of those are pretty good.

£7.50 for a fry up?

Do they have a big telescope to spot people who obviously have too much money to spend on a bit of bacon. :nope:

Not had one in ages, but Super Sausage(s) near me (and near Northampton station) serve a stack of heart attack inducing pig meat for almost half that.

The Aroma in Stanford does a good breakfast for around £6.00. Haven't been in there for a while but The Salisbury always knocked up a good one as well.

Back