• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

best games you have ever seen live.

graysblue

Banned
my top 5.

1/ united at the hall....nuff said

2/ circa 1970 orient v chelsea,think this was an FA cup game with brisbane road busting at the seams with 33,000 crammed inside,chelsea were coasting at 2 0 when the orient hit back to win 3 2.

3/circa 1971 tilbury v leatherhead ,leatherhead were leading 3 0 with 14 minutes remaining,tilbury striker collected the ball and from 35 out hit an unstoppable drive in via the bar and post,2 minutes later tilbury converted from the spot 2 3,in the 87th minute tilbury scrambled home to level at 3 3.with the 90th minute up leatherhead were awarded a pen which crashed off the bar and was booted upfield upon where the tilbury striker shrugged off a couple of challenges to drive home from 25 yards 4 3 to tilbury,crazy game.

4/ at the hall v QPR in the LDV vans thing,fantastic display from the blues to destroy rangers 4 1

5/the play offs at cardiff,in truth a dull game but to eventually see the lads triumph at cardiff was excellent.

Best ever game was Barnet beating Norwich in the Coca Cola Cup in 1997, went into the game 2-1 down from the first leg, let in a really early goal then in 30 minutes tore Norwich apart and won 4-3.

1. Southend 4 - 2 Swansea. Freddy v. Trundle - a pulsating, end-to-end encounter... full of great drama and top quality football.

2. Ipswich 4 - 2 Barnsley. Championship play-off final, 2000 (?) - a magnificent game of football at Wembley, end-to-end, Roy of the Rovers stuff with some superb goals.

3. Flamengo 2 - 1 Santos. My first ever game of football, almost 160,000 in the Maracana. Gobsmacked from start to finish, and Zico - then my hero - scored. What's not to like?

4. Everton 1 - 5 Norwich. As a neutral, it was hard to conceive how Norwich - and Efan Ekoku in particular - could play so well, and Everton so poorly. The Canaries were magnificent that day.

5. Southend 4 - 1 Yeovil. I've still never seen us play better than we did in that second half against the Glovers - the most complete footballing performance (albeit in 45 minutes) I've ever seen fromt the Shrimpers.

:clap:

Discounting any Southend games I have been to...

1) Boca Juniors 4-0 Argentinos Juniors, February 2008. Huge crowd at La Bombonera, blistering hot day, incredible atmosphere and some wonderful goals by Boca. And as for the Boca Porristas...

2) Real Betis 0-5 Osasuna, June 2007. Disappointing in so far as I'm a Real Betis fan, but the riot by the Betis fans at the final whistle was amusing and also incredibly gay as every single rioter did a runner the minute the police even looked at them

3) Real Madrid 2-1 Bayer Leverkusen, May 2002. THAT Zidane volley. Enough said.

4) Reading 3-3 Forest, October 1997. Six goals, the Forest keeper getting sent off (replaced by Steve Chettle) and Steve Stone missing a sitter. Good value for £4.

5) Rangers 1-1 Celtic, March 1996. My first and to date only experience of an Old Firm game. Standing in the Celtic end at Ibrox...*gulp*

My top 5, in no particular order

Southend 4 Yeovil 1 - the greatest half hour of football I've ever seen

Southend 3 Birmingham 1 - take that you Judas **** Fry

Southend 1 Barnsley 1 in the FA Cup - water polo at its finest.

Southend 1 Gillingham 0 in the League Cup, pretty crap game until two Gills defenders go up for a header with no Southend player in sight, they manage to knock each other out and loop the ball into the top corner. Having used up all but one of their subs they then have to play out with 10 men. Don't think I've ever laughed so much at a football game.

England v Australia at Sydney 2003. How can you not enjoy beating the Convicts in their own backyard?

Real Madrid 1-2 Valencia (2005) - Goals, penalties, missed penalties, Beckham sent off, Gravesen sent off, plus the small matter of Zidane, Figo, Robinho and Aimar knocking the ball about under the floodlights of the most awesome stadium I've ever been in.

Spain 3-0 Russia (2008) - Spain pulling Arshavin's pants down and spanking him repeatedly in the centre circle. Dominant.

Tottenham 5-1 Arsenal (2007) - I've never felt a stadium rock like White Hart Lane that night. Years of frustration bubbling out of the ground like magma.

Southend 2-2 Bristol Rovers (2005) - A rip-roaring contest with a trip to Cardiff riding on it. The Gasheads made us work for it and Junior Agogo scored a wondergoal, but we just made it over the line. I missed the last train home, but wasn't that bothered.

I'll have to think about the last one....

Scotland 0 England 1 Hampden Park 1978, just before the Jocks were setting off to the World Cup in Argentina. Steve Coppell scored about 8 minutes from the end, there was a crowd of 88000 people and you could have heard a pin drop.

England 4 Holland 1 Euro 1996 one of the best performances I've ever seen from England and we all thought we would win the tournament, bloody Germans.

Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 - I was lucky to be invited to a corporate gig at Anfield that night, IMO probably the best Premiershite game, rounded of by Stan Collymore hammering a big nail into Newcastles promotion coffin.

Spurs 0 Arsenal 1 1971 not an absolute classic but there must have been about 70000 crammed into White Hart Lane that night, as Arsenal clinched the Championship a few days later they won the Cup to complete the double.

West Ham 1 Manchester United 6 around 1967 and the first "top flight" game I saw live. A United inspired by George Best slaughtered a Hamster side that included Moore, Hurst & Peters. A lifetime of loving Wet Spam being stuffed was born.

Liverpool 4 Newcastle 3 - I was lucky to be invited to a corporate gig at Anfield that night, IMO probably the best Premiershite game, rounded of by Stan Collymore hammering a big nail into Newcastles promotion coffin.

I was going to say this one, I was also at Anfield for this match as my mate is a big Liverpool supporter.

Southend 2-0 Lincoln city league 2 playoff final - I still remember jupp smashing it in the net. :clap:

Spurs 5-1 Arsenal Carling leg 2nd leg - 2008

West ham 3-4 Spurs - 2007.

Fulham 6-1 West Brom - 2006

Spurs 4-4 Villa - 2007

Back