• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best gas BBQ

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I need a new gas BBQ. Has anyone got any recommendations or seen any good deals recently?

My current BBQ is the Outback Spectrum 3 which is a piece of **** and has rusted/fallen apart like a Chinese motorbike despite being kept under a cover.

I am disappointed also to find the Wagner Char King touted in King Of The Hill is fictional.

Last edited:
I need a new gas BBQ. Has anyone got any recommendations or seen any good deals recently?

My current BBQ is the Outback Spectrum 3 which is a piece of **** and has rusted/fallen apart like a Chinese motorbike despite being kept under a cover.

I am disappointed also to find the Wagner Char King touted in King Of The Hill is fictional.

I got a Leisuregrow 600 last year, not a spot of rust on it (stood outside all winter) and much better than the Weber I had.
Think we paid about 5-600 for it.

I got a Leisuregrow 600 last year, not a spot of rust on it (stood outside all winter) and much better than the Weber I had.
Think we paid about 5-600 for it.

I quite like the look of the Webers. Expensive but aluminium construction equals no rust.....

I saw a decent one in Aldi's or Lidl recently. May be worth you visiting them both.

A gas BBQ is not a real BBQ, food needs to taste of smoke and charcoal when cooked on a BBQ!

A gas BBQ is not a real BBQ, food needs to taste of smoke and charcoal when cooked on a BBQ!

Let the men discuss the real outdoors cooking please Kay. We're like REALLY good at this. The outside of the food is generally sufficiently cooked and food poisoning is probably less than 20% these days. Tell you what, you can be in charge of salad and that potato-stuff if you like?

Let the men discuss the real outdoors cooking please Kay. We're like REALLY good at this. The outside of the food is generally sufficiently cooked and food poisoning is probably less than 20% these days. Tell you what, you can be in charge of salad and that potato-stuff if you like?

Lol, yes, I know, we do all the cleaning, preparation, most of the buying then all the clearing up and you blokes get all the praise! :smile:

If we are to discuss the virtues of chargrilled food, we need our resident expert Tinks's input. She chargrills everything, cooking using the indoor or outdoor method

I agree gas BBQ's are cheating you might aswell cook it on a grill or a George Forman inside. Ok so they are ready quicker but where is the fun in that it's all about smashing tons of lighting fluid on the coal and losing your eyebrows when you over do it. By the time it's at tempareture your **** faced and you don't care if the food is black.

I'd rather buy a cheap charcoal barbecue than an expensive gas barbecue. The fun of lighting it and watching the coal burning, the beautiful smokey smell that alerts every neighbour in a two mile radius that you're having a BBQ and most importantly, the flamegrilled smokey taste it gives all your meat!

I'd rather buy a cheap charcoal barbecue than an expensive gas barbecue. The fun of lighting it and watching the coal burning, the beautiful smokey smell that alerts every neighbour in a two mile radius that you're having a BBQ and most importantly, the flamegrilled smokey taste it gives all your meat!

Indeed. Completely agree with you.

Surely the title of this thread should be Least Bad Gas BBQ!

Back