• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best gig ever attended?

Rob Noxious

Retro Supremo⭐
I'm assuming this has been done at least once before but...

I've just been compiling a CD for my step-son and rediscovered a fantastic track by Richard Hell & The Voidoids, 'The Kid With The Replaceable Head,' which reminded me of the first time I saw him live, supporting Elvis Costello at The Hammersmith Palais late Jan. '79 ('Crisis? What crisis?')... he & the band only played for 30 mins but it was the most thrilling and energetic surge I have experienced at a gig & I saw The Clash 11 times!

Anymore for anymore?
(this last question reminded me of Ronnie Lane-RIP-and another fine gig at The Half Moon in Putney, summer of '81. He had to be helped from the stage as his MS was seriously kicking in then, but wha-hey, one of the greats in 'Britpop,' eh Canvey?)

Elkie Brooks at (I think) The De Montfort in Leicester in the early 80's - she is a fantastic live act.

March of the mods - Lyceum August 79 : Secret affair, Purple hearts, Squire, Back to Zero, Madness, Selecter and the Mo-dettes
the Clash, Lyceum , sort it out tour 1978
the Undertones Marquee club 1979
The Jam - Rainbow 1979 , The support act was the Chords and they blew me away too

I saw Radiohead at the Pink Toothbrush. They were supporting the Sultans of Ping.

I was ripped to the tits. I think it was good, but I'm not sure...

London Calling- yes, I was there too!

March of the mods - Lyceum August 79 : Secret affair, Purple hearts, Squire, Back to Zero, Madness, Selecter and the Mo-dettes
the Clash, Lyceum , sort it out tour 1978
the Undertones Marquee club 1979
The Jam - Rainbow 1979 , The support act was the Chords and they blew me away too

'the Clash, Lyceum , sort it out tour 1978'

hey, how good was that one, Firestorm- kicked off with a belter of 'Safe European Home'... remember just before they came on, the DJ played 'Submission' & it got very intense down the front! Them was the days!!:clap:

Slayer, The Astoria (RIP!) 2002.
Slayer, Brixton Academy 1995. Divine Intervention tour I think. Amazing gig. Also saw them at Donington in 92.

Main ones that come to mind:
Orbital at Hammersmith Palais in 2000
Pearl Jam at the Esplanade in 1991
Anthrax in some tiny room at a 'guest only' event following Sound of White Noise release (1993?), still not sure how I blagged that one but I got to chat to Scott Ian!
Rage Against the Machine at Town & Country Club in 1992.

Slayer, Brixton Academy 1995. Divine Intervention tour I think. Amazing gig. Also saw them at Donington in 92.

Main ones that come to mind:
Orbital at Hammersmith Palais in 2000
Pearl Jam at the Esplanade in 1991
Anthrax in some tiny room at a 'guest only' event following Sound of White Noise release (1993?), still not sure how I blagged that one but I got to chat to Scott Ian!
Rage Against the Machine at Town & Country Club in 1992.

Seen 'em 4 or 5 times, that gig was the God Hates Us All tour. They kicked in with Disciple and the whole place went ****ing nuts, I ran into the pit cracked my head and came out at the end of the song covered in blood! I was eventually dragged out by 4 security bods about an hour later so they could get my head checked, I was going nuts!!!

I remember seeing Pantera at Brixton on the Vulgar Display tour and they covered Raining Blood in the encore, the gig was great but the whole venue flicked up a gear at that point!

Guru Josh at Raindance, somewhere on the Essex marshlands, 1991.

Only joking, it was Stone Roses at Spike Island, sunset, sunday 27 May 1990.

I remember seeing Pantera at Brixton on the Vulgar Display tour and they covered Raining Blood in the encore, the gig was great but the whole venue flicked up a gear at that point!

I bet that was awesome! Saw Pantera on the Re-inventing The Steel tour, Phil was all over the place but they were so heavy didn't play fro long enough though and unfortunately never back it back over!! :'(

When they played Cowboys From Hell at that gig Anselmo climbed the speaker stack to the right of the stage (30 foot up at least) and full on dived into the crowd during the opening bars of the song!

When they played Cowboys From Hell at that gig Anselmo climbed the speaker stack to the right of the stage (30 foot up at least) and full on dived into the crowd during the opening bars of the song!

Quality! I was at Slipknots first ever gig in England they were diving into the crowd from the balcony at the Astoria! That was a crazy gig I saw people covered in blood and the pit was just intense shame they got taken over by mini-moshers!

'the Clash, Lyceum , sort it out tour 1978'

hey, how good was that one, Firestorm- kicked off with a belter of 'Safe European Home'... remember just before they came on, the DJ played 'Submission' & it got very intense down the front! Them was the days!!:clap:

Absolutely storming gig, The slits weren't bad but i thought the Innocents were poor .

I have always felt that Safe european Home, English Civil war and Tommy gun is the best opening to any album EVER.....

Back