• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best looking football trophy

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
I was thinking about the World Cup this morning and how that lovely little trophy will go in to hiding should (heaven forbid) Italy, Brazil, Germany or Argentina win in South Africa next month.

So obviously the FIFA Trophy is up there as one of the finest looking football trophies ever, as is the beauty that is the European Cup. Any other nominations? Once I get a dozen or so, I'll add a poll.

world-cup-trophy.jpg

European-Cup.jpg

NB - if you try to nominate the monstrosity that is the Premier League trophy, you'll be banned from this site for ever.

The FA Cup is a handsome pot - it's how a football trophy should look:

fa_cup_01.jpg

I also rather like the old "Football League" trophy - i.e. traditionally awarded to the FL champions and which is now awarded to the team winning the Championship:

sport-graphics-2007_711366a.jpg

I'm now, obviously, rather fond of the League One trophy:

SOUTHEND-V-BRISTOL-CITY_488928.jpg

...and the League Two Playoff winners' trophy:

0,,10444~3275204,00.jpg

I have tried to find a pic of Uncle Vic in the boardroom with the Thameside Trophy, since I think that's an excellent trophy - but sadly I've struggled to find it.

Matt

I just did a Google Images search for Vic Jobson and this was one of the pics I got. Odd.

SEIXAS_VIC.jpg

The Essex Thameside Trophy was great it was in the shape of a Galleon.

I can't find any pictures of it which is a shame. It was made of silver worth about £30k and was contested by mainly non-league teams along the Essex Thames coast. Southend did enter the competition & I'm sure we won it a couple of times in the 70's & 80's.

I wonder what happened to this trophy?

The Essex Thameside Trophy was great it was in the shape of a Galleon.

I can't find any pictures of it which is a shame. It was made of silver worth about £30k and was contested by mainly non-league teams along the Essex Thames coast. Southend did enter the competition & I'm sure we won it a couple of times in the 70's & 80's.

I wonder what happened to this trophy?

I seem to recall a picture on here some time back of Vic Jobson, with that trophy on the desk.

Anyone else, or is my memory going?

I seem to recall a picture on here some time back of Vic Jobson, with that trophy on the desk.

That photo has definitely cropped up on here a few times, as per MtS's post. But as to where it might be....we're talking needle and haystack territory!

Ive seen that photo, it used to be as part of this collection but for the life of me I dont know why anyone would have bought it! Can't find it on here now but there are some great shots taken from around the world....

http://www.homesoffootball.co.uk/

Last edited:
Back