• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, getting out of the bottom division proved to be harder than I thought it would be.

Mind you, the club was in poor shape at the time of being relegated (May 2010) - large scale financial difficulties, a new manager and very few players on the books. There were fears of the club going out of business or simply continuing with relegation into the Conference - a division that is full of ex-league clubs.

So perhaps we should look back at the last 5 years and think of the good times we have had. Obviously the last game (or even last 2) will be on the list but here are 3 of my best memories.

[video=youtube;D5D4iBcEiA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5D4iBcEiA0&noredirect=1[/video]

• The first home game of the season 2010/2011 and trying to work out who the players were!
  • Bilel's missile goal v Northampton (I don't know the season)
  • Away game at Bury a few weeks ago.

Any others people would like to mention?

Paul smiths best ever goalkeeping performance Ive ever witnessed

[video=youtube;dwiWdEE_4kE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwiWdEE_4kE[/video]

Smashing Millwall 4-1 in the FA Cup, in the rain, lights 'n' all

[video=youtube;9NEM8EJn_Wc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NEM8EJn_Wc[/video]

5-2 at Northampton, the best half of football I've seen in ages

Orient in the JPT semi second leg, and the celebrations at the end (only topped by our last two games)

Losing 0-1 at home to Exeter. I was stood right behind the goal in the North Bank. Eastwood equalised and with about 5 minutes to go, BBBC pops up at the far post unmarked to win us the game.

Timlin's shot underneath the Luton keeper this year was probably the biggest reaction to a league goal at RH I've seen in the 5 year period and was the moment where you thought "this is our year"

Granty scored with a first time, half volley from the edge of the area very VERY early on under Sturrock in front of the South Stand. I can't remember the opposition

Pompey away last year. I was on the coach that took the detour and got there on time. When the other two coaches turned up it was like the cavalry arriving. Turning that game around when we were down to 10 men was an incredible achievment

Mark Phillips rising time and time again above everybody to head home from Ryan Hall's set pieces

Hall's FK in the JPT (I think) after the club made an effort to bail him out. He pulled up a shirt to say "thank you" to the board

Sturrock switching GKs in the last minute against Oxford

JPT semis

Paul Smith v Brentford, including a penalty save just a few games after being hooked for a shootout

4-0 Away at Wimbledon

4-1 Away at Torquay

Millwall and Hull at home

Some good ones there - including Barry Corr efforts.

What about the J.P.T. final - it turned out to be a day that did not live up to expectations but it will remain as our first game at Wembley.

Well because i can only see SUFC on streams and only seen about 4 lately has to be borient at home 2nd leg JPT , then final against Wycombe and semi final 2nd leg VERSUS sTEVENAGE
,jpt FINAL I WOULD RATHER FORGET sufc DIDNT TURN UP THAT DAY.

Cameron Belford - home to Crawley.

[video=youtube;vAK1IpQHBY0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAK1IpQHBY0[/video]

Reeves scoring in the JPT
Timlin scoring v Luton
Timlin scoring v Stenage
Sat 23rd May 2015

Stevenage at home nearly killed me but Timlins goal in that was just a great moment. What a crazy game that was!

Bilel getting sent off 10 minutes into his comeback game at home to Northampton. Just for the comedy factor.

Bilel getting sent off 10 minutes into his comeback game at home to Northampton. Just for the comedy factor.

Not many people were laughing at the time.

Talking of players, I remember thinking that Easton was bonkers for going down a league to play for Crawley. :sad:

Yep - When I arrived at the game the guy behind me said when he heard of his return he couldn't resist a pre-match bet on Bilel getting a red card (think he got 9-1) So I had to laugh...:smile:

Back