• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DCC

Youth Team
One for the stattos - has there ever been a more successful month in the history of SUFC than April 2015?

Played 7 won 7 with 0 goals conceded is just incredible.

One for the stattos - has there ever been a more successful month in the history of SUFC than April 2015?

Played 7 won 7 with 0 goals conceded is just incredible.
When you see it in writing, it truly is a phenomenal achievement. Surely there has never been a more successful month - we don't usually play as many as 7 games in a month.

Isn't 8 consecutive wins our best ever? If so, Saturday wouldn't be a bad time to equal it!

Not in one month but I'm pretty sure 8 consecutive wins (I'm guessing over at least two months) was our longest winning streak
Yes but the question was consecutive in 1 month, I do not recall any such feat or conceding no goals

Worth pointing out that if we get promoted next week it will be at least 9 months and 2 weeks between goals conceded at home in the league by Bentley.

Isn't 8 consecutive wins our best ever? If so, Saturday wouldn't be a bad time to equal it!

Yes, eight games in a row in the 05/06 season, starting with a win over Col Ewe and ending with a televised victory over Forest. Well, I suppose it actually ended when we lost to Doncaster the week after but you get my point. I hope.

Yes. Remember he won the award for September after we won 4 in a row and then we played........Morecambe
Right, let's debunk this "Manager of the Month jinx" idea.

Managers who win MoM generally do so because their teams have won more than anyone else for a month. Given that most teams on average win as much as they lose, it means that statistically the team in question is more likely than not to lose sometime soon. When they do, everyone says "it's the jinx" when in fact it's simply the law of averages playing its part.

The run we're on is phenomenal in anyone's estimation, and it has to end sometime. When it does, we should then look at Phil's record since he started with us, because it is still likely to read pretty impressively, given we've finished 5th and 3rd/4th two seasons in a row under him.

Beating the averages so spectacularly over a month is memorable. Beating the averages over two years on a consistent basis is genuinely worthy of plaudits.

It would surely be up there with the club's greatest achievements if we got automatic promotion from the position we were in 7 games ago. The last three in particular have been fantastic results.

Yes, but have we not only scored 9 goals in those 7 games. Brown out :net:

On another note, if we do win at Morecambe, then the first game in League one, will that be a club record of 9 wins?

You'd think so and let's face it, who else is in the running, possibly with the exception of Ronnie Moore, but Hartlepool didn't have a great April. Especially around Easter!:winking:

Back