• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best New (ish) mainstream bands..

J

The Chameleon
Thoughts?

Really impressed with -

Courteeners, Bombay Bicycle club, Mcabees and Mumford and sons.

Same sound as the new wave of these style of music, but very very good approach to lyrics / music and rythm..

Any others?

they all sound the same to me i guess that means im far to old to be down with the kidz
ah well, its been a good run
im with rusty
"lessons in love......"

Really impressed with -

Courteeners, Bombay Bicycle club, Mcabees and Mumford and sons.

Agree with you there. But I only really know one song from each band! When you end up listening to Metal all the time at home, don't really get much chance to listen to anything else! The songs I like from each are:

Courteeners - Over did it doll
Bombay Bicycle Club - Always Like This
Macabees - Like your dress
Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man (Which I really enjoy listening to)

Must listen to XFM more when I have the chance!

Agree with you there. But I only really know one song from each band! When you end up listening to metal all the time at home, don't really get much chance to listen to anything else! The songs I like from each are:

Courteeners - Over did it doll
Bombay Bicycle Club - Always Like This
Macabees - Like your dress
Mumford and Sons - Little Lion Man (Which I really enjoy listening to)

Must listen to more early megadeth when I have the chance!

surely this is a better option!

i dont get bands like that,
theres definitely talent, and some grood moments, some good lyrics, then just as i think "this is ok" it goes all britpop artic monkeys guitar and i tune out.
bit of keith urban, thats what you need

i dont get bands like that,
theres definitely talent, and some grood moments, some good lyrics, then just as i think "this is ok" it goes all britpop artic monkeys guitar and i tune out.
bit of keith urban, thats what you need

Who?! lol

He a member of a band or a solo-ist? I listen to all this Metal/Rock, but doesnt mean I know who it is half the time!

Who?! lol

He a member of a band or a solo-ist? I listen to all this Metal/Rock, but doesnt mean I know who it is half the time!

dark! u should know who he is, huge in yankland

recomendations for today
Jason Mraz and John mayer (first albums) dave matthews band (first 3 albums) all of keith urban, colbie caillat, etc etc.
have a listen :)

dark! u should know who he is, huge in yankland

recomendations for today
Jason Mraz and John mayer (first albums) dave matthews band (first 3 albums) all of keith urban, colbie caillat, etc etc.
have a listen :)

Bought that in 2005, awesome album and such a talented person :)

if you like that you should like the rest on that list,

just chuck in a bit of napalm death too, just to keep it nice n real.

If you like Jason Mraz, try and find some of his acoustic sessions. I was in Italy two summers ago when he was touring Europe promoting 'I'm yours' and the beach I was on happened to be where Italian MTV were filming their equivalent of TRL. Mraz was a guest and, between advert breaks, he was doing live acoustic versions of Bob Marley tracks and he was absolutely amazing.

I also saw Lady Gaga perform who was nowhere near as weird as she is these days...

One of my younger friends introduced me to 'Little Man Tate' a little while ago and I was (amazingly) impressed by their vitality and humour. It takes a lot to get a dinosaur like me impressed with anything modern.

If you like Jason Mraz, try and find some of his acoustic sessions. I was in Italy two summers ago when he was touring Europe promoting 'I'm yours' and the beach I was on happened to be where Italian MTV were filming their equivalent of TRL. Mraz was a guest and, between advert breaks, he was doing live acoustic versions of Bob Marley tracks and he was absolutely amazing.

I also saw Lady Gaga perform who was nowhere near as weird as she is these days...

i saw mraz last year in brighton and was seriously underwhelmed, my expectations were too high after watching his official live dvds which are outstanding!

and rich, ive seen napalm too, ive got pretty good ears but live it was just a mess lol,

Back