• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best off licence in the area.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Can anyone beat the Kings off licence on Hamlet Court road?

The window display rivals the pyramids of Egypt for sheer scale and they sell just about anything that you would ever want to drink plus a half decent array of cigars and scratchcards.

I miss the days when I used to nip in for a couple of travellers to drink whilst walking to Saks.

The window display rivals the pyramids of Egypt for sheer scale and they sell just about anything that you would ever want to drink plus a half decent array of cigars and scratchcards.

I miss the days when I used to nip in for a couple of travellers to drink whilst walking to Saks.

I assume that's the one down the bottom by the train line? Great off-license! Also like the one along Leigh Broadway by Mariners Court, and The Turnpike at West Leigh school

No...................

That one in Hamlet Court Road is awesome! An Alladins cave of beers. I recommend the Desperados lager - at 6.5% with a hint of tequila, have more than 3 and you'll wake up in the cells!
You get some right characters in there.

The Hamlet Court Road offy is the only place I know where you can get a bottle of Bundy (Bundaberg Aussie Rum) It has 3 different types of Bundy too.

A bit pricey, but a great place to check out if you're looking for something different or hard to find!

The Hamlet Court Road offy is the only place I know where you can get a bottle of Bundy (Bundaberg Aussie Rum) It has 3 different types of Bundy too.

A bit pricey, but a great place to check out if you're looking for something different or hard to find!

I didn't know they did Bundaberg there! I only used to be able to find it in Leicester!

I heard a rumour Wetherspoons might be doing it now

I didn't know they did Bundaberg there! I only used to be able to find it in Leicester!

My brother told me about it as its near to his home & that they had a choice of three types.

The Wetherspoon chain used to do Bundy a while back & like you I'd heard that rumour too!

Cannae beat a bottle of buckie

Buckie + average teenage Scottish ned = :punch: + :puke + :headbang:

In terms of the Bundaberg, I'm surprised that as Diageo own the brand it is not more widely available in the UK. Maybe this is part of the Wetherspoon's deal, get people drinking it, then roll it out through the off trade?

Theres a chain of pubs in london called Belushi's (well I know of two in Covent Garden and Borough High St) that sell Bundaberg and its always cheap as chips too!

A great off licence, in my youth it had the every flavour or Mad Dog 20/20 known to exist, and always had a decent supply of Thunderbirds that was a good brew.

I didnt know they did Desperados but now I do I know where ill be shopping as that stuff is lethal!

Back