• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best opposition player seen at hall ?

i was impressed by ronaldo, and rooney, lampard was indifferent and ballack shanked his goal, ..

i never thought much of llalana - when playing for soton - and noble for ipswich was poor ..

Kinkladze or Trundle for their performance. But for what they ended up doing in their careers Ronaldo, Bergkamp and Bale

George Best for AFC Bournemouth and Bobby Charlton for Preston North End. Totally at the final stages of their careers but not too many players (at their peak) were better than those two were they? ?⭐️?

You want obscure?
Gerry Francis playing for Exeter City in the 80's, absolutely ran the show in appalling weather and took the **** by spanking in a screamer

Beat you to it -Post 55.

Wouldn't happen these days. Gerry and I were born on the same day in 1951. So in October 1983 he was still just 31 - a former England captain playing in the third division as player manager of a club that had never got above the third tier.

Pure class ….

Agree with Trundle and Nugent, Phil Jevons stood out for Yeovil... but the best I saw personally was Gareth Bale for Southampton, when he was actually on his feet rather than diving. Didn't see Ronaldo in the flesh at Roots Hall but he didn't look great on tv. Objectively Bergkamp should have been the best in my lifetime, but I don't remember him having a great game in the friendly, I was only a kid though!

Best performance at the Hall for me was Ashley Cole in the cup replay. He played mostly in front of me for one half down in the left side of the East stand and it was just another level completely. Ballack and Lampard were also standout but the one I always talk about was Cole.

Best performance at the Hall for me was Ashley Cole in the cup replay. He played mostly in front of me for one half down in the left side of the East stand and it was just another level completely. Ballack and Lampard were also standout but the one I always talk about was Cole.
Kalou for me. Just such a classy touch and a great goal and was it two assists? Remember thinking, he’s not even first choice! One of those games you have to hold up your hands and say “fair enough”.

Gotta be an ex player coming back to haunt us and playing like a superstar and scoring the inevitable winner,

Back