• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Best Place in Europe for a stag weekend?

Prague is the complete opposite of expensive.

might have gone up recently, but if you're spending over £1.50 for a pint then you're being ripped off.

in the city of prague you pay a fortune for a beer!!

Tallinn is excellent. I had a fantastic time in Sevilla on mine, although Spain being in the Euro makes it a little pricey. Off to Riga in May, also highly recommended by all accounts.

Prague is the complete opposite of expensive.

might have gone up recently, but if you're spending over £1.50 for a pint then you're being ripped off.

Prague is expensive if you treat it like you treat an Essex nightclub, as we found out on our trip. Shots will set you back a bit, vodka and Red Bulls were costing us £8 a time...

But if you drink the local beer like Staropramen, Budvar, Pilsner Urquell etc it'll be about £1 a pint. And you really ought to drink them, they're bloody great!

Same with food. Stick to sausages, dumplings, goulash - basically local food - and it's cheap as chips. Venture into a takeaway joint like KFC or Maccy D's and it get a whole heap more expensive.

They make a great deal of money out of stag dos, and therefore sting you for it.

Prague is expensive if you treat it like you treat an Essex nightclub, as we found out on our trip. Shots will set you back a bit, vodka and Red Bulls were costing us £8 a time...

But if you drink the local beer like Staropramen, Budvar, Pilsner Urquell etc it'll be about £1 a pint. And you really ought to drink them, they're bloody great!

Same with food. Stick to sausages, dumplings, goulash - basically local food - and it's cheap as chips. Venture into a takeaway joint like KFC or Maccy D's and it get a whole heap more expensive.

They make a great deal of money out of stag dos, and therefore sting you for it.
Indeed, anything they have to import is going to be similar prices to clubbing here, but the local stuff is both cheap and superb.

Yes and avoid the Irish bars where they charge £5 for a pint of guiness. Stick to the local places and the side streets and you will not pay more than £1.50 for a damn good beer. Urquell and Budvar are the best, and served pretty much everywhere.

A few of my mates went to Germany and discovered the 'Beer Bike'. One of the best inventions ever? Would end up messy

beerbike.jpg

beer_bike.jpg

I saw one of those in Borough Market a month back...

Looked hard work to me!

I agree, it does look hard work, and it's likely you'd give up after a while, but my mates reckon it was the bollocks.

Depending on the time of year... you'll go a long way to beet a session at Oktoberfest in Munich. One of the best stags I ever went on... so utterly, utterly bolloxed it was untrue.

My stag was in Liverpool and I loved it.

If I was going to go somewhere European, I'd head to Tallinn I reckon. Cheap and (according to a mate of mine) the highest batting average, in terms of fitness, for birds anywhere in the world.

Depending on the time of year... you'll go a long way to beet a session at Oktoberfest in Munich. One of the best stags I ever went on... so utterly, utterly bolloxed it was untrue.

My stag was in Liverpool and I loved it.

If I was going to go somewhere European, I'd head to Tallinn I reckon. Cheap and (according to a mate of mine) the highest batting average, in terms of fitness, for birds anywhere in the world.

Too late for Oktoberfest this year (which is mostly in September!) unless you're willing to pay through the nose for accommodation. My brother-in-law-to-be had his heart set on that, but his best man was far too slow out of the blocks.

We're going to Krakow instead. I can live with that.

And you're spot on re Tallinn Matt. Astonishing.

We're going to Krakow instead. I can live with that.

Krakow is lovely. I drank a skinful of Zywiec lager when I was there a few years back - it was ludicrously cheap (50p a pint?) and I woke up without even a scintilla of a hangover. Marvellous.

Resist the temptation to go to Auschwitz while you're there. It's not really in keeping with the upbeat mood one should enjoy on a stag. (I went - and it is one of the most staggering places I've ever been to. However, I was too miserable to speak for about an hour after leaving.)

Matt

Krakow is lovely. I drank a skinful of Zywiec lager when I was there a few years back - it was ludicrously cheap (50p a pint?) and I woke up without even a scintilla of a hangover. Marvellous.

Resist the temptation to go to Auschwitz while you're there. It's not really in keeping with the upbeat mood one should enjoy on a stag. (I went - and it is one of the most staggering places I've ever been to. However, I was too miserable to speak for about an hour after leaving.)

Matt

Yeah, I'd heard that. I was in a right old two and eight after visiting the Holocaust Museum in Cape Town and I'm sure actually being at Auschwitz is infintely more harrowing.

I think this trip will be all about the drinking and maybe some machine-gunning. I shall do Auschwitz one day, but on a more appropriate occasion...

Riga had just about done it for me but I've since read some dodgy stories about the local criminal fraternity cashing in on stag parties.

Times article here

Never know how much of this is reality and how much of it media spin.

Cheers for all the suggestions. Pubey - let me know about Krakow!

smudger.

I went to Riga for three nights about tow years ago just before Holly was born. Its ok but knowing you and your pals I cant see it being enough.

There is very little to do other than a bobsliegh ride which is good but not amazing. The nightlife is basic and everywhere you go the doorman run a racket where they wont let you out unless you "tip them". My mate Dom (who you know) couldnt get his coat back and we got followed by local gangs a few times. Really really shady place.

Food is not good and I really woudlnt recommend it. If you do go for it I have a card for the local tour guide we used who sorted out taxis etc for us. I can bring it Sunday if you wanted.

Can I suggest Munich - Super place, loads to do day and night and really good people. 10x better than Riga which is not good.

smudger.

I went to Riga for three nights about tow years ago just before Holly was born. Its ok but knowing you and your pals I cant see it being enough.

There is very little to do other than a bobsliegh ride which is good but not amazing. The nightlife is basic and everywhere you go the doorman run a racket where they wont let you out unless you "tip them". My mate Dom (who you know) couldnt get his coat back and we got followed by local gangs a few times. Really really shady place.

Food is not good and I really woudlnt recommend it. If you do go for it I have a card for the local tour guide we used who sorted out taxis etc for us. I can bring it Sunday if you wanted.

Can I suggest Munich - Super place, loads to do day and night and really good people. 10x better than Riga which is not good.

Cheers for that mate, I appreciate the tips. It's thrown a bit of a spanner in the works as I had pretty much done the deal with a stag company for Riga but I think based upon what you say here, it's back to the drawing board. Will check out Munich and Krakow, Tallinn, Budapest and Bratislava are now back in the frame.....

I went to krakow when younger and to auschwitz, echo that it really isn't for doing during a stag do. However it is worth going to

I've been on around a dozen stag do's around Europe but the best was Butlins. You can't go wrong.

I've been on around a dozen stag do's around Europe but the best was Butlins. You can't go wrong.

Funny you say that but I'm on another stag the week before this one and we're going to Butlins. None of us have particularly high hopes to be honest, The Krankies are headlining!? (Although I've heard Jimmy Krankie gets his/her tats out at adult Butlins?)

krankies.gif

Last edited:
Why go abroad? you could have a cracking weekend in this country

Back